Working in partnership to improve quality in early years teacher education in China. An opportunity to transform education for 170 million children and their families.
Director: Professor Clare Brooks
Our purpose is to bring together academics, teacher educators and practitioners from the IOE and across China, in order to generate effective and sustainable change in Chinese early years practice.
The Centre's focus
- Genuine partnership: a collaboration between academics and teacher educators and practitioners
- Research-informed change and development
- Sustainability and scalability by developing local systems, structures, programmes and practice as well as by aggregating findings and insights gained over time
- Innovation and change that is focused on pedagogy of practice-based learning
- Capacity building
- Teacher education for the early years in China
- Quality in early years education
- Early literacy development
- Family and parental education.
- What Makes an Effective Early Childhood Parenting Programme: a Systematic Review of Reviews and Meta-analyses
- What Makes an Effective Early Childhood Parenting Programme: a Systematic Review of Reviews and Meta-analyses (Chinese version)
- Early Childhood Education in People's Republic of China: A Literature Review of the publications written in English
- Rapid Evidence Assessment on Quality Issues in Early Years Education in China
- Understanding Assessment in Early Childhood Education in China
- From Global to Local: How Can International 0-3 Curriculum Frameworks Inform the Development of 0-3 Care and Education Guidelines in China?
- From Global to Local: How Can International 0-3 Curriculum Frameworks Inform the Development of 0-3 Care and Education Guidelines in China? (Chinese version)
- New study: empowering teachers, children and parents is the way to achieve the best early childhood education and care - Dr Yuwei Xu, Dr Clare Brooks, Dr Jie Gao and Dr Eleanor Kitto
- Supporting parents through online programmes: now and into the future - Dr Jie Gao, Dr Clare Brooks, Dr Yuwei Xu, Dr Eleanor Kitto
- What should teachers be prepared for when young children return after lockdown: lessons from China and elsewhere - Dr Yuwei Xu, Dr Clare Brooks
- Educating young children at home: key lessons from research - Dr Clare Brooks, Dr Eleanor Kitto, Carole Scott
- Education in quarantine: what can we learn from early childhood educators in China? - Dr Jie Gao, Dr Clare Brooks
Mind the gap: will home learning reinforce inequality and what can we do about it? - Dr Clare Brooks, Dr Eleanor Kitto, Carole Scott