World-leading for research and teaching about curriculum, pedagogy and assessment. Specialised in geography, economics, mathematics, history, RE, citizenship and science education.
- Our staff
IRIS department Widget PlaceholderJ78
Study with us
We host top-rated initial teacher education programmes, innovative MA courses, diverse doctoral studies and a wide range of continuing professional development opportunities.
Our student population is very diverse: students on initial teacher education courses, practising teachers and a rich and diverse range of international students.
- Teacher training
- Graduate taught
- Graduate research
- Professional development
See our forthcoming short courses.
Our department is a vibrant hub of research – international, national and local. Teaching in the CPA department is informed by the research we carry out.
We have five specialised research centres focused in:
- teachers, teaching, schools, classrooms and schooling systems
- issues related to Early Years, especially in China
- promoting knowledge about the Holocaust.
Special Interest Groups
- Educational Assessment Group at IOE (EAG@IOE)
- Mathematics Education SIG - for more info contact Nicola Bretscher at email@example.com and Helen Thouless at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science Education SIG - for more info contact Haira Gandolfi at email@example.com
- Religious Education SIG - for more info contact: Alexis Stones at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an exciting research portfolio of projects, including:
- Eco-Capabilities: Supporting children’s wellbeing through participatory art in nature
- The future of the artificially intelligent examination
- Moving Up: optimising secondary school transition processes during the COVID-19 pandemic
- International School Partnerships
- Early career support: pilot evaluation
- Raising Standards in Holocaust Education
- Between-class attainment grouping and educational inequality
- Broadening Secondary School Science 2018-2021
- International Conference on Education and Democratic Citizenship (ICEDC)
- Children’s Life-histories in Primary Schools
- SMART spaces evaluation
- The Student Grouping Study: Investigating the impact of setting and mixed-attainment grouping
- Low attainment in mathematics: an investigation of Year 9 students in England
For further details about our researchers, publications, activities, groups and themes:
Our academics and researchers undertake a wide range of consultancies for government departments and both public sector and commercial organisations.
We work with local schools, as well as national and international educational publishers. We have strong links with overseas institutions, including ones based in the USA, Egypt, Sweden, Lebanon, Kazakhstan and Singapore, as well as national organisations such as the National College for Teaching and Leadership and the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority.
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-case-stud...Double click the feed URL above to edit