Excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad areas of communication, culture and media.
- Our staff
Management and administrative team
- Head of Department: Professor Jeff Bezemer
- Departmental Administrator and PA to Head of Department: Fran Reubens
- Academic Heads of Teaching and Learning (AHTL): Ms Aine McAllister and Dr Jim McKinley
- Heads of Research: Professor Andrea Révész and Professor Mina Vasalou
- Innovation and Enterprise Lead: Professor Manolis Mavrikis
- Impact Lead: Professor Alison Clark-Wilson
- Research Ethics Coordinator: Dr Zsofia Demjen
- Inclusion Lead: Vacant
- Departmental Graduate Tutors: Dr Miguel Perez-Milans and Professor Claire Robins.
Find a researcher
IRIS department Widget PlaceholderJ77
Study with us
We offer a wide range of undergraduate, master's and secondary PGCE courses.
- Teacher training
Our department delivers one of the largest Secondary Teach First programmes in the country.
- Graduate taught
- Applied Linguistics MA
- Art Education, Culture and Practice MA
- Digital Media: Critical Studies MA
- Digital Media: Education MA
- Digital Media: Production MA
- Education and Technology MA
- English Education MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- Museums and Galleries in Education MA
- Music Education MA
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) In-Service MA
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Pre-Service MA
- Graduate research
- Our research
We have an exciting research portfolio of projects funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, Economic and Social Research Council, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, Government and a variety of charities.
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-research-...Double click the feed URL above to edit
- Multilingualism in healthcare: Exploring the lived experience of maternity professionals
- What is a researcher? A video for children
- How does literacy experience in more than one language shape cognition?
- Maximising the impact of second language vocabulary on the design of language learning apps
- Child Bilingual Brain Imaging
- Cornerstone Maths
- Playing Out with the IoT
If you are looking for research, advice or knowledge transfer in relation to technology, media, learning and teaching our staff are ready to offer you their expertise and skills. We work directly with organisations and local authorities or international institutions. Our past partners include government departments, local authorities, and voluntary organisations.
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-case-stud...Double click the feed URL above to edit