Cutting-edge sociological research on equity and social justice in education.
Co-Directors: Professor Louise Archer, Professor Jessica Ringrose and Professor Carol Vincent.
The Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity (CSEE) brings together researchers, from UCL and beyond, who conduct research in sociology of education on issues of equity and social justice.
The centre aims to build capacity, create a vibrant and supportive research culture and promote high quality sociology of education research for the public good.
- Our staff
- Louise Archer
- Patrick Bailey
- Stephen Ball
- Alice Bradbury
- Sara Bragg
- Annette Braun
- Mano Candappa
- Olga Cara
- Jennifer DeWitt
- Becky Francis
- Spela Godec
- Brett Lashua
- Emily MacLeod
- Ada Mau
- Julie Moote
- Caroline Oliver
- Tiffany Page
- Uma Patel
- Jessica Ringrose
- Becky Taylor
- Antonina Tereshchenko
- Carol Vincent
- Rachel Wilde
- Aline Courtois - Centre for Higher Education Research
- Emily Dawson - UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
- Michela Franceschelli - Social Research Institute, UCL Institute of Education
- Achala Gupta - Department of Education, Practice & Society, UCL Institute of Education
- Eleanore Hargreaves - Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy & Assessment, UCL Institute of Education
- Julia Jeanes - Department of Education, Practice & Society, UCL Institute of Education
- Carolina Junemann - Honorary Senior Research Associate
- Dimitra Pavlina Nikita - Nottingham Trent
- Martin Mills - Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy & Assessment, UCL Institute of Education
- Stuart Tannock - Department of Education, Practice & Society, UCL Institute of Education
- Felipe Acuna
- Barbara Berger
- Jessie Bustillos Morales
- Idil Cambazoglu
- Jiexiu Chen
- Francisco Duran Del Fierro
- Yuval Dvir
- Rodie Garland
- Heela Goren
- Gemma Gronland
- Ayse Gur Geden
- Sara Joiko
- Nadav Lavi
- Karen Lillie
- Ziyin Niu
- Francesca Peruzzo
- Erin Simpson
- Sandra Takei
- Thu Thu
- Xumeng Xie
- Shiva H. Zarabadi
- Zixi Zuo
Study with us
We welcome interest from students who are thinking about applying for a research degree in the area of sociology of education and equity.
We currently have members who are looking for students for 2018/19 entry in the following priority areas:
- Youth, gender and digital cultures.
- Design, participatory and arts based research methodologies in gender and education.
- Teacher subjectivities.
- Social justice and participation in science education (including science capital).
- Our research
Research spans a broad range of:
- Educational stages and sectors (including early years, primary and secondary schools, further and higher education, and informal settings)
- Themes across educational policy and practice
- Theoretical frameworks
- Innovative methodological approaches
- ASPIRES blog
- Best Practice in Grouping Students blog
- Featured research
- UCL Research Portal, IRIS to find more about our researchers, publications, activities, groups and themes.
Major research projects
- Seminar series
The centre hosts the Feminism, Gender and Sexuality seminar series.
The seminars are free to attend and are open to staff, students, alumni and the public. All are welcome to attend.