Nauro F. Campos has been Professor in Economics at University College London since September 2019 and Research Professor at ETH-Zürich. His main fields of interest are political economy, comparative economics and European integration.
Ilias is a Lecturer (Teaching), who has been at SSEES since 2017. His research area is jumps in asset prices, systemic risk and portfolio management.
|Dr Randolph Bruno|
Randolph’s broad specialisation is applied-microeconomics, with a specific emphasis on comparative economics, development , labour and applied micro-econometrics
|Dr Tomas Cvrcek |
My research interests focus on economic history of Central and Eastern Europe, especially issues connected with the rise of modern schooling, the demographic transition, technological change and the accompanying change in living standards
|Dr Peter Duncan|
Peter works on Russian politics and Russian foreign policy, particularly on how domestic political, ideological, economic and social change inside Russia affects foreign policy
|Dr Elodie Douarin|
Elodie is a Development Economist with broad research interests and is currently working on the causes and consequences of conflict, aspects of political participation, migration and subjective wellbeing
|Dr Filipa Figueira|
Filipa Figueira’s main interests are political economy and the European Union. She has been at SSEES for six years, and before that was a researcher at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS).
| Dr Yuemei Ji|
Yuemei's interests cover three aspects. 1. International macroeconomics in general and the European monetary union during post-crisis period in particular. 2. Behavioural macroeconomics. 3. The Chinese economy, especially its financial development and the government and private debt problems.
| Dr Julia Korosteleva|
Julia is Professor in Business Economics at UCL SSEES. Her research interests lie in the field of entrepreneurship, start-up finance, regional economics, and financial development.
|Prof Jan Kubik|
Jan works on the interplay between power (politics) and culture, protest politics and social movements, and postcommunist transformations. He also writes about qualitative methods in the social sciences.
Yating has been a Lecturer (Teaching) at SSEES since 2017. Her research area is risk analysis and statistical modelling of asset prices and trading strategies.
|Dr Svetlana Makarova|
Svetlana Makarova is Associate Professor in Comparative Economics. Her main research interest is in econometrics and, in particular, in modelling macroeconomic uncertainty with applications to Eastern Europe and euro area. Her non-academic experience includes collaboration with National Bank of Poland and the Gdansk Institute for Market Economics (IBGR) in forecasting inflation.
|Dr Miriam Manchin|
Miriam Manchin's current research interests include economic integration, cross-border production chains and employment, trade and development, multinational firms, business group networks, and migration
Serena has been a Teaching Fellow at SSEES since 2018. Her research focuses on the political economy of monetary policy.
|Dr Eugene Nivorozhkin|
Eugene's research interests span theoretical and empirical work in the areas of corporate finance, banking regulation, market for corporate control, capital markets, applied labour economics, economics of education, and economics of crime.
Prof Slavo Radosevic
Ramesh is a Lecturer (Teaching), who has been at SSEES since 2018. His research area is growth, development and entrepreneurship in emerging economies.
Allan Sikk is Associate Professor at UCL SSEES. HIs research mostly concerns political parties and elections, particularly new parties and party system change.
Idil has been a Lecturer (Teaching) at SSEES since 2018. Her research area focuses on international trade, current account issues and exchange rates.
|Dr Chiara Amini|
Chiara is an applied economist with interests in labour and development economics. Her recent research focuses on the economics of education in emerging economies, poverty and inequality.
Ben Noble is Associate Professor in Russian Politics. His research interests lie at the intersection of the political science study of authoritarianism, legislative politics, comparative politics, and Russian domestic politics. Current and past research projects include: 1) morals legislation reform in post-Soviet states; 2) budget policy-making in non-democracies; 3) ‘rubber stamp’ authoritarian legislatures; 4) the closure of parliaments in non-democracies; and 5) the use of referendums in post-Soviet states.
Agnieszka Kubal a Lecturer in Sociology. She is an interdisciplinary socio-legal, migration and human rights scholar with area studies interest in Central Eastern Europe and Russia.
Aglaya Snetkov is a Lecturer in Political Sciences. Her primary research interests revolve around critical IR and security studies, global and regional governance, international security and Russian foreign policy.
Marco Ranaldi is a Lecturer in Economics. His research interests lie at the intersection between economic inequality and political economy, with a focus on inequality measurement and the comparative analysis of economic systems.
- Georgios Apostolakis - (Supervised by: S.Radosevic, R.Bruno)
- Jingzhu Chen - (Supervised by: Yuemei Ji, N.Campos)
- David Dalton - (Supervised by: A.Wilson - P.Duncan)
- Shuo Ding (Cathy) - (Supervised by: E. Nivorozhkin, T. Cvrcek)
- Maria Kokoreva - (Supervised by: E.Nivorozhkin, J.Korosteleva)
- Paulina Lenik - (Supervised by: J.Korosteleva, E.Douarin)
- Chenyang Li - (Supervised by: S.Radosevic, R.Bruno)
- Jing Meng - (Supervised by: S. Radosevic, J. Korosteleva)
- Naghi Naghiyev - (Supervised by: S.Makarova, E.Nivorozhkin)
- Elena Teodora Ilie - (Supervised by: J.Korosteleva, S.Radosevic)
- Weiwen Qi - (Supervised by: Yuemei Ji and J. Korosteleva)
- Stefan Tung - (Supervised by: Allan Sikk and E. Douarin)
- Tomasz Mickiewicz (Aston Business School)
- Dragos Radu (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies, Germany)
- Prof Chris Gerry (HSE St Petersburg)
- Raphael Espinoza (International Monetary Fund)
- Dr Elena Nikolova
- Dr Luca Uberti
- Sultan Orazbayev (UCL SSEES)
- Dr Daphne Athanasouli (Derby Business School)
- Dr Péter Berta
- Giorgio Castagneto-Gissey (UCL Energy Institute)
- Jae-Yong Choung (Korean Advanced Institute of Science & Technology)
- Gabriel Dutrénit (Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico)
- Daniel Howdon (University of York)
- Nicholas A. Phelps (UCL Bartlett)
- Will McDowall (UCL Bartlett)
- Paulina Stepien (UCL SSEES)
- Esin Yoruk
- Miroslav Zajicek (Vysoka Skola Ekonomicka, Prague)
- Le-Yin Zhang (UCL Bartlett)