Nauro F. Campos has been Professor in Economics at University College London since September 2019 and Research Professor at ETH-Zürich. His main fields of interest are political economy, comparative economics and European integration."
|Dr Randolph Bruno|
Randolph’s broad specialisation is applied-microeconomics, with a specific emphasis on comparative economics, development , labour and applied micro-econometrics
|Dr Tomas Cvrcek |
My research interests focus on economic history of Central and Eastern Europe, especially issues connected with the rise of modern schooling, the demographic transition, technological change and the accompanying change in living standards
|Dr Peter Duncan|
Peter works on Russian politics and Russian foreign policy, particularly on how domestic political, ideological, economic and social change inside Russia affects foreign policy
|Dr Elodie Douarin (Director until 2019) |
Elodie is a Development Economist with broad research interests and is currently working on the causes and consequences of conflict, aspects of political participation, migration and subjective wellbeing
|Dr Filipa Figueira|
Filipa Figueira’s main interests are political economy and the European Union. She has been at SSEES for six years, and before that was a researcher at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS).
| Dr Yuemei Ji|
-European monetary integration
-Financial development in China and its impact on foreign exchange rate
-Chinese government and private debt
-Exchange-rate regime and financial crises in emerging markets
| Dr Julia Korosteleva|
Julia is Senior Lecturer in Business Economics at UCL SSEES. Her research interests lie in the field of entrepreneurship, start-up finance, regional economics, and financial development.
|Prof Jan Kubik|
Jan works on the interplay between power (politics) and culture, protest politics and social movements, and postcommunist transformations. He also writes about qualitative methods in the social sciences.
|Dr Svetlana Makarova|
Svetlana Makarova is Senior Lecturer in Comparative Economics. Her main research interest is in econometrics and, in particular, in modelling macroeconomic uncertainty with applications to Eastern Europe and euro area. Her non-academic experience includes collaboration with National Bank of Poland and the Gdansk Institute for Market Economics (IBGR) in forecasting inflation.
|Dr Miriam Manchin|
Miriam Manchin's current research interests include economic integration, cross-border production chains and employment, trade and development, multinational firms, business group networks, and migration
|Dr Eugene Nivorozhkin|
Eugene's research interests span theoretical and empirical work in the areas of corporate finance, banking regulation, market for corporate control, capital markets, applied labour economics, economics of education, and economics of crime.
Prof Slavo Radosevic (Research Director until September 2019)
Allan Sikk is Senior Lecturer at UCL SSEES. HIs research mostly concerns political parties and elections, particularly new parties and party system change.
|Prof Anne White|
My research interests are migration (in general) and social change in Poland, as well as Polish migration. I currently study the impact of migration on Poland as a sending country
|Dr Chiara Amini|
Chiara is an applied economist with interests in labour and development economics. Her recent research focuses on the economics of education in emerging economies, poverty and inequality.
- Georgios Apostolakis - (Supervised by: S.Radosevic, R.Bruno)
- Jingzhu Chen - (Supervised by: Yuemei Ji, N.Campos)
- David Dalton - (Supervised by: A.Wilson - P.Duncan)
- Shuo Ding (Cathy) - (Supervised by: E. Nivorozhkin, T. Cvrcek)
- Maria Kokoreva - (Supervised by: E.Nivorozhkin, J.Korosteleva)
- Paulina Lenik - (Supervised by: J.Korosteleva, E.Douarin)
- Chenyang Li - (Supervised by: S.Radosevic, R.Bruno)
- Jing Meng - (Supervised by: S. Radosevic, J. Korosteleva)
- Naghi Naghiyev - (Supervised by: S.Makarova, E.Nivorozhkin)
- Elena Teodora Ilie - (Supervised by: J.Korosteleva, S.Radosevic)
- Ruo Meng (Arthur) Wang - (Supervised by: J. Korosteleva, T.Cvrcek)
- Dr Daphne Athanasouli (Derby Business School)
- Dr Péter Berta
- Giorgio Castagneto-Gissey (UCL Energy Institute)
- Jae-Yong Choung (Korean Advanced Institute of Science & Technology)
- Gabriel Dutrénit (Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico)
- Saul Estrin (LSE)
- Raphael Espinoza (International Monetary Fund)
- Prof Chris Gerry (HSE St Petersburg)
- Brigitte Granville (Queen Mary University)
- Daniel Howdon (University of York)
- Alex Klein (University of Kent)
- Dr Elena Nikolova
- Sultan Orazbayev (UCL SSEES)
- Nicholas A. Phelps (UCL Bartlett)
- Will McDowall (UCL Bartlett)
- Tomasz Mickiewicz (Aston Business School)
- Dragos Radu (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies, Germany)
- Paulina Stepien (UCL SSEES)
- Dr Luca Uberti
- Esin Yoruk
- Miroslav Zajicek (Vysoka Skola Ekonomicka, Prague)
- Le-Yin Zhang (UCL Bartlett)