Dr Svetlana Makarova
- Joined UCL
- 1st Sep 2007
- Economic growth and inflationary process in Eastern Europe and developing economies
- Other areas of applied macroeconomic modelling
- Simulation methods in economics
- Applied and theoretical time series econometrics
Current and Previous Research Grants
- ESRC/ORA (2011-2013): Probabilistic approach to assessing macroeconomic uncertainties (PRAM). www.pramu.ac.uk
- INTAS (2006-2008): Incorporating Socio-Economic Indicators into VAR modelling of NIS Economies: Labour Mobility and Remittances.
- INTAS (2004-2007): Nonstationary Multivariate and Nonlinear Econometric Models: Theory and applications.
- USAID (2003-2004): Timing of Monetary Policy and Inflation Monitoring in Poland and Russia.
- INTAS (2000-2003): Nonlinear Structural VAR Modelling of East European Economies.
Teaching at SSEES
SESS2010 Applied Econometrics (BA)
SESS3001 Growth and Convergence with Reference to Eastern Europe and Russia (BA)
SEESGS46 Advanced Quantitative Methods (MA)
- Russian Academy of Sciences
- PhD, Physical and Mathematical Sciences | 1985
- St. Petersburg State University
- Dip., Mathematics | 1978