The Student Centre provides a variety of study spaces, including spaces for group work for UCL students and staff.
- Address: 27-28 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0AW
- Reception: 020 3108 9782
- Library Service Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nearest tube stations: Euston, Euston Square, Goodge Street, Warren Street
- Map of the area
- Opening hours
About the Student Centre - Study Facilities
The UCL Student Centre provides 1,104 study spaces, including spaces for individual study and group working/project working.
The Student Centre can be accessed by UCL staff and UCL students by using the library booking system. You must have a copy of your booking confirmation email and a valid UCL ID/library membership card to gain access to the Student Centre. Capacity is limited to accommodate social distancing.
Student Enquiry Centre
The Student Enquiry Centre is closed with staff working remotely. All enquiries should be directed to askUCL.
The Disability, Mental Health and Wellbeing team, within Student Support and Wellbeing, is also closed. Services and information can be accessed on the Student Support and Wellbeing website.
- ISD Service Desk is closed. Support and services are available on the ISD website.
- 150 all-in-one Desktop @ UCL workstations
- 156 Laptop Loans
- Wifi connectivity is available throughout the Student Centre
Printing, Scanning Photocopying
The Student Centre has print @ UCL devices on each floor for printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Café on Level 3, open Monday-Friday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Quiet Contemplation Rooms and Ablution Facilities on Level B2 are closed due to maintenance.
- Showers on Level B2 are closed due to maintenance.
- Smart Lockers available on Level B2, Mezzanine, Level 2 and Level 4 are closed due to maintenance.
Permanent displays of public art in the Student Centre, alongside temporary exhibitions, enrich the physical and intellectual environment for the whole UCL community.
The Student Centre showcases inspiring new artworks by UCL alumna and Turner Prize winner Rachel Whiteread and Thomson & Craighead (Jon Thomson is a member of staff from UCL's Slade School of Fine Art).
Public art closure
We're sorry but our artwork and exhibitions are currently closed to the public.
Jeremy Bentham's auto-icon is now housed in the Student Centre, where he can be preserved to museum standard. Best known as a spiritual founder of UCL and for developing the doctrine of utilitarianism, he insisted that his body be preserved after his death to advance medical science.
Please note the auto-icon is currently closed to the public.