UCL lockers are provided for all UCL current students to store personal belongings securely - no registration is required.
About the service
The lockers are keyless. To start using a locker just hold your UCL ID card over the reader to the left, and follow the instructions on screen.
- The UCL Cruciform Hub provides access to a bank of 44 lockers.
- The UCL Science Library provides access to a bank of 46 lockers located in the Research Grid on Level 4 (postgraduate students only).
- The Student Centre provides access to banks of lockers as follows:
- 78 lockers located on Level B2
- 10 lockers located on the Mezzanine
- 26 lockers located on Level 2
- 20 lockers located on Level 4.
The lockers may be loaned at any time when the library is open.
- Lockers loaned before 08:00 (Monday to Friday) must be emptied by 22:00 the same day
- Lockers loaned after 08:00 (Monday to Thursday) must be emptied by 10:00 the following day
- Lockers loaned after 08:00 on Friday (and anytime on Saturday or Sunday) can be held until the following Monday at 10:00.
Help using the service
Step by step instructions and a user guide are provided on the touch screen.
You are welcome to ask one of our library staff for help using the lockers.
We hope that you find the UCL lockers a benefit, and we ask users to keep to the loan periods allocations to help share the service. Users who exceed the loan period will be able to retrieve belongings but access will be blocked for the following week and you will see a notice on the touch screen.
Lockers cannot be renewed, however a locker can be loaned again, subject to availability.
Priority use for wheelchair users
Some lockers have been labelled as "Priority use for wheelchair users". Please respect this priority of use.
If you have a disability and you find difficulty using these lockers, please send your feedback to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line "Intelligent Lockers".
Terms and conditions
Before borrowing a locker, you will be asked to agree to the UCL Lockers Terms and Conditions.
For any queries or feedback about the UCL lockers service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.