Information and assistance for NHS staff using the library and details of some of the services we offer.
- Resources & services
- Training & support
Information Skills Support
Most face to face teaching at UCL has been suspended until further notice. However, information skills support continues to be provided remotely by our teams of skilled librarians.
- Please make use of our library skills resources for NHS staff, and more general online library skills resources, for self-guided learning.
- Sign up for one of our online training sessions.
- If you require individual training or support, please complete our Individual Consultation / Library Skills Support Request form. Individual support can be arranged online through Microsoft Teams or Blackboard Collaborate. No prior experience of these tools is necessary as we will send you joining instructions.
- For any other enquiries relating to library skills training and support, please contact us.
A series of short modules to guide healthcare workers through the literature searching process is available from
- E-Learning for Healthcare provided by Health Education England.
- About Us
UCL's biomedical libraries support clinical practice, education and research at UCL's affiliated NHS Trusts as part of our Service Level Agreement. Membership of the libraries is open to all staff of our affiliated Trusts.The libraries provide study space, access to extensive biomedical and health collections, and training and support. We also collaborate closely with libraries at District General Hospitals to facilitate access to resources for medical students whilst they are on clinical placement.
We continue to develop our support to healthcare through our Library Services Strategy and have played a key role in the NHS-HE Forum, which works to develop connections between NHS and Higher Education networks and systems. Visit the NHS-HE Forum and Connectivity Project webpages for the most recent news and information.