Student Enquiries Centre
Please note that we will be operating reduced telephone service hours on Tue 18 May:
Tuesday 18 May – 10am-3pm
April 2021 - the Student Enquiries Centre in numbers:
3,599 askUCL enquiries closed by team.
284 phone calls answered
1,129 third party verification requests verified via Hedd
7 seconds is the average call wait time
95% of calls were responded to within 20 seconds
99% of askUCL enquiries closed by the Student Enquiries Centre Team were responded to within 5 working days
Student Enquiries Centre awarded Customer Services Excellence Standard
In order to be awarded this independent standard, the Student Enquiries Centre have clearly demonstrated that we will always:
- Put you as the customer at the heart of our service provision
- Consult with you in a meaningful way to deliver improved service
- Ensure we have a truly customer-focused culture throughout the team
- Provide you with accurate and comprehensive information
- Listen to your views about the service provided to make adjustments to the way we operate
- Deliver a timely and high-quality service
We always welcome feedback from students and are constantly looking for ways to improve. Find out more about sharing your views.
Following government guidance regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Student Enquiries Centre has been closed. Students continue to have access to a wide range of support and you can still find out information, complete UCL processes and contact us in other ways.
- Launch askUCL to access the comprehensive and extensive database of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Use the self service option on Portico to print off a statement of student status or statement of award.
- Log an enquiry via as askUCL, our online student enquiries system, to ask a question or directions to a particular service. We are currently responding to enquiries between the hours of 9am-6pm and will be aim to provide you with a response within 5 working days.
- Current and alumni students can also contact us via our new telephone service
Student Enquiries Centre Telephone Service: +44 (0)20 3108 8836.
Telephone service hours*: 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Fridays; 11am to 4pm on Thursdays.
*Please note that we will be operating reduced telephone service hours on Tue 18 May:
Tuesday 18 May – 10am-3pm
Please phone us via the telephone to follow up on an enquiry that has been logged on askUCL, to ask a question and to receive advice on how to access UCL's student registry and support services.
The Student Enquiries Centre has temporarily suspended the following services:
- The production of schengen and overseas travel letters to support visa applications.
- The production of hard copies of student status letters, we are currently able to create electronic PDF versions of student status letters.
- The signing of hard copies of forms, please send these via askUCL and we will sign them electronically.
For further information on how UCL is testing, reporting and managing cases of Covid-19.
The Student Enquiries Centre team value your feedback. Please complete this feedback form and tell us about your experience with our team.