UCL students, staff and external users with a borrowing account can use our Click and Collect Service to obtain library books that we hold.
Who can use the Service
The Service is available for all UCL students, staff and external users with a borrowing account. When collecting, please bring your UCL ID/library membership card with you.
UCL students and staff as well as NHS and London Mathematical Society users can request ten books at a time, and other users can request three books at a time.
Please note that the Click and Collect service applies to items that are currently on loan to other borrowers, as well as those that are on the shelves. We advise that you check whether there are copies available in the library before placing a request, as on loan items will take longer to fulfil:
- If the book is available on the shelf, we will collect it for you within two working days (these are Monday - Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and UCL Closure Days).
- If the item is on loan, you will join a queue of borrowers waiting for the book. Renewals will be blocked while borrowers are waiting for the book, and every time a copy is returned you will move forward in the queue until your request has been fulfilled.
Collection Point: Help Point.
Collection Point: Library Desk.
Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health Library
Collection Point: Self-service area within ICH Library.
Institute of Archaeology Library
Collection Point: Issue Desk.
Institute of Orthopaedics Library
Collection Point: Enquiry Desk.
Collection Point: Self-service area within IOE Library.
Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital & UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
Collection Points: Library Enquiry/Issue desk (UCL students and staff) or Institute of Ophthalmology Reception Desk (Moorfields staff).
Language and Speech Science Library
Collection Point: Library foyer, Chandler House, second floor.
Collection Point: Help Point, first floor.
Queen Square Library
Collection Point: 1st floor, 23 Queen Square. Please phone 020 3448 4709 upon arrival at the building, if you are unable to access via the front door of 23 Queen Square.
School of Pharmacy Library
Collection point: Library Help Point. Please note that after 18:00 on weekdays and during weekends, access to the School of Pharmacy including the Library is restricted to School of Pharmacy staff and students only with current UCL ID cards.
Collection Point: Ground Floor.
Collection Point: Ground Floor.
Click and Collect Procedure
- Request the items that you wish to collect by logging into Explore. If you see a 'Request' option next to the book, it is available for Click and Collect. Please remember to remain within your borrowing limit when making requests.
- You will receive an email notification once your book(s) are ready to be collected. Books will then be held for three working days (these are Monday - Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and UCL Closure Days).
- Please ensure that you check the opening hours of the pickup library before visiting.
- A face covering must be worn at all times within our libraries.
- We can be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com
Staying Safe on Campus
Please continue to follow UCL's guidance on keeping safe on campus when visiting library sites or using the Click and Collect service.