Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at UCL Engineering
At UCL Engineering, we're making a firm commitment to continuous learning, development and growth, and to creating fair opportunities for all of our students and staff. When we work together, share ideas, skills, and experiences, and address inequalities whenever and wherever they manifest, it will undoubtedly benefit us all.
Discover more about what we do as a Faculty when it comes to equality, diversity and inclusion - from internal training sessions, newsletters, video resources, Departmental EDI Leads and key contacts.
EDI Strategy Document and Action Plan
- Accessible pdf version of the UCL Engineering: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2020-2030.
- Improving experiences of disabled and neurodivergent students in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences (PDF).
- Exploring support for Chinese students in UCL's Faculty of Engineering (PDF).
Faculty EDI-related policies
EDI Implementation Group
The EDI Implementation Group membership is made up of the EDI leads from each Department within the Faculty of Engineering. The group meets every 6 weeks to discuss key EDI themes and progress associated with the EDI Action Plan.
Find key EDI contacts within UCL Engineering and contact us with your questions, ideas, and suggestions.
- Faculty Contacts
- Prof Ifat Yasin - UCL Engineering Vice-Dean (Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion)
- Johanna Novales - EDI Coordinator
- Department Contacts
- UCL Biochemical Engineering: Dr Chika Nweke
- UCL Chemical Engineering: Prof Panagiota Angeli
- UCL Civil, Environmental, and Geomatic Engineering: Prof Nicola Christie
- UCL Computer Science: Prof Marc Deisenroth and Karin Alderson
- UCL Electronic and Electrical Engineering: Dr Alejandra Beghelli Zapata
- UCL Mechanical Engineering: Dr. Andrea Ducci
- UCL Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering: Dr Henry Lancashire
- UCL School of Management: Dr Sun Young (Sunny) Lee
- UCL Science, Technology, Engineering, and Public Policy: Dr Elisa Randazzo
- UCL Security and Crime Science: Dr Sherry Nakhaeizadeh and Dr Sanaz Zolghadriha
EDI Champions and EDI Groups
Our EDI Champions lead on each of the EDI Groups within the Faculty. Membership of the groups is made up of members from across the Faculty of Engineering Departments. If you wish to join any of the groups, do please contact the EDI Champion for that group.