Resources on LGBTQ+ equality at UCL and beyond.
LGBTQ+ people are a valued part of our community at UCL Engineering, as engineers in general, and in the wider world. Below we've provided context on LGBTQ+ equality in our Faculty, as well as resources at UCL and beyond. We use the term "LGBTQ+" to mean "lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer/questioning" with the + signifying other gender or sexual minorities not otherwise mentioned.
- Support and resources at UCL
- LGBTQ+ Equality - UCL's Office of the President and Provost (Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion).
- As part of the Bite-Sized EDI series, a one-hour session, Respecting gender identity at work: a crash course in pronouns and titles, is available. Contact Johanna Novales to book a session for your team. [Internal staff only]
- External support and resources
- AKT - LGBTQ+ youth homelessness charity.
- Gender Construction Kit - Open source project providing information on "changing things linked to gender" in the UK.
- How can universities support trans students and staff?
- InterEngineering - Supporting LGBT inclusion in engineering.
- MindOut - LGBTQ mental health service.
- Opening Doors London - Charity supporting LGBTQ+ people over 50.
- Stonewall - Runs the UK Workplace Equality Index, which ranks LGBT-friendly employers; also published the LGBT in Britain - University Report and the LGBT in Britain - Work Report.
- Switchboard LGBT+ Helpline.
- TransEDU - Extensive resource on supporting trans and nonbinary staff and students in further and higher education.
- UK Black Pride - Europe's largest celebration for African, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American, and Caribbean-heritage LGBTQ people.
- Self-education resources
For further queries, please contact email@example.com