Through the generous donations made by UCL alumni and partners, as well as UCL's own funding initiatives, we are able to offer a variety of awards to UK Masters students each year.
The Masters Funding Awards (MFA) enable UK postgraduate taught students, from a diverse range of backgrounds, to take up their offer of study at UCL. Listed below are the schemes that are available to those starting in the academic year 2022/23.
Application: Complete one application to be considered for multiple schemes, where you meet criteria
Available to: Prospective students
Eligibility criteria: Please check individual scheme pages (linked below)
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 9 June 2022
How to apply
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Go to the "My Applications" page (also called the Applications Homepage) if you are not already on it.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
For help completing the form please read our Master's Scholarship Application Guidance.
The deadline for applications will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 9 June 2022.
The UCL Student Funding Office is responsible for the assessment and allocation of awards. Successful candidates will be notified as soon as decisions are made, typically by mid-late July. However, certain schemes within the MFA may have slightly different selection and notification procedures and we would recommend consulting specific scheme pages for more information.
- UCL Masters Bursary
- Brown Family Bursary
- Economics Masters Bursaries
- Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Scholarship
- Thomas Witherden Batt Scholarship
- Digital Media Programme Bursary
- Jackson Widening Participation Scholarship
- MA Race, Ethnicity and Postcolonial Studies Scholarship
- Naughton & Clift-Matthews Mathematics Scholarship