The UCL Master Bursary aims to enable and encourage those from lower income backgrounds to pursue a full-time or part-time Master's degree studies at UCL.
Value: £10,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Home (UK and Ireland domicile only)
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Additional eligibility criteria: Have an annual household income of £42,875 or less
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 20 June 2024
Candidates must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK or Ireland and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- have commenced undergraduate study no earlier than the 2012/13 academic session;
- have an annual household income of £42,875 or less;
- AND have submitted a compelte admission application (including the submission of references) for a full-time or part-time Master's degree at UCL in 2024/25. The flexible study mode is not eligible.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 200 (two hundred) bursaries available in 2024/25.
- The value of the bursary is £10,000.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only unless the student is part-time or on a full-time programme which is 2yrs in length. In those cases the bursary will be paid 50% in each year of study without exception.
- The UCL Masters Bursary may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Bursary recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Masters Bursary being awarded.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 20 June 2024.
Successful candidates for 2024/25 will be notified in late July - early August 2024.