The aim of the Economics Masters Bursaries is to enable students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies in the Economics Department at UCL.
Value: £12,500 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Home (UK domicle only)
Eligible programmes: Postgraduate taught in the Economics Department
Deadline: 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- be in financial need (as determined by the UCL Student Funding Office);
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Masters degree at UCL in the Economics Department in 2023/24.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are 2 (two) scholarships available in 2023/24; one Michael Curtis Bursary and one Sabina Kamber Bursary.
- The value of the award is £12,500.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- The Economics Masters Bursaries may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Masters degree studies, before or subsequent to the Economics Masters Bursaries.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified in mid-late July 2023.