The Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship was established to celebrate the exceptional contribution of the outgoing President & Provost to the UCL community over 10 years.
Value: £25,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need and leadership potential
Eligible fee status: Home (UK domicile only)
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Additional eligibility criteria: UCL alumni
Deadline: 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023
The aim of the Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage UCL alumni who can show leadership potential as well as demonstrate financial need to pursue their Master's studies at UCL.
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- have successfully completed or be currently completing undergraduate studies at UCL;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2023/24.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is 1 (one) scholarship available in 2023/24.
- The value of the scholarship is £25,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the student is part-time or on a full-time programme which is 2yrs in length. In those cases the bursary will be paid 50% in each year of study.
- The Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Professor Sir Malcolm Grant Postgraduate Scholarship award.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and leadership potential.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified in mid-late July 2023.