The aim of the Naughton & Clift-Matthews Mathematics Scholarship is intended to enable students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies in the Mathematics Department at UCL.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Home (UK domicile only)
Eligible programmes: Taught Masters programmes in the Mathematics Department
Deadline: 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay Home fee rate;
- AND have submitted an admission application to study for a full-time MSc Mathematical Modelling or MSc Financial Mathematics at UCL in 2023/24.
In addition, candidates must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Identify as British Black-African or British Black-Caribbean and/or;
- Have a household annual income under £25,000 and/or;
- Have received an Access UCL undergraduate offer.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is one scholarships available in 2023/24.
- The value of the award is £15,000.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- The Naughton & Clift-Matthews Mathematics Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The recipient will be expected to secure the remaining part of their tuition fees and to cover their living costs from elsewhere.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Naughton & Clift-Matthews Mathematics Scholarship.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of financial need upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office. The Department of Mathematics will then make the final decision.
How to apply
Please visit the Masters Funding Awards page for information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Tuesday 13 June 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by the end of July 2023.
Informal enquiries about this scholarship can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.