The aim of the Brown Family Bursary is to enable and encourage academically excellent students in financial need to pursue their postgraduate studies at UCL.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: UK
Eligible programmes: Postgraduate taught in certain subjects (listed below)
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 8 June 2023
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK;
- be in financial need (as determined by the UCL Student Funding Office);
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2023/24 for one of the following programmes:
- MSc Environment and Sustainable Development
- MSc Sustainable Resources: Economics, Policy and Transitions
- MSc Climate Change
- MPA Sustainable Infrastructures and Public Policy
- MPA Energy, Technology and Public Policy
- MSc Environmental Systems Engineering
- MSc Global Management of Natural Resources
- MSc Materials for Energy and Environment
- MSc Biodiversity and Global Change
- MSc Ecology and Data Science
Value, benefits, and duration
- There is 1 (one) award available in 2023/24.
- The value of the award is £15,000.
- The award is tenable for one year only.
- The Brown Family Bursary may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the Brown Family Bursary.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
The bursary is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
Applications will open in early December. Instructions for how to apply will be added at that time.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 8 June 2023.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified in mid-late July 2023.