UCL accommodation provides a comfortable space for study and we will prioritise undergraduates for accommodation in your first year, subject to conditions.
It's simple. We prioritise you for accommodation in your first year.*
At UCL, we will prioritise you for accommodation in your first year, regardless of where you currently live, as long as:
- you will be a single, first-year undergraduate,
- you have chosen UCL as your firm choice through UCAS by the deadline (currently 10 June of the cycle in which you applied),
- you submit your housing application online by the deadline (currently 10 June of the year of entry),
- you have not lived or studied at a university in London (inside the M25 motorway) before.
In addition, we guarantee students who are care leavers a residential place for the duration of their degree programme.
* Subject to conditions listed above
Find the right type of accommodation for you
The fees you pay will vary depending on location and facilities. There are two types of accommodation available.
UCL catered accommodation
Catered accommodation includes meals (breakfast and an evening dinner from Monday to Friday and brunch on Saturday and Sunday). You also have access to a small kitchen to prepare meals outside of these times.
We offer catered accommodation in our own Halls of Residence and in several Intercollegiate Halls open to students attending any college of the University of London.
UCL self-catered accommodation
Self-catered accommodation provides shared kitchen facilities (cooker, refrigerator, freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave) where you can prepare your own meals.
Our accommodation fees
Our accommodation fees include:
- room rental and use of communal areas;
- maintenance within your Hall;
- cleaning of shared bathrooms, kitchens and communal areas;
- utility charges including Wi-Fi;
- basic contents insurance;
- 24/7 support;
- vibrant UCL communities led by residents.
All UCL accommodation is offered for 39 weeks and is located in central London (Zones 1 or 2 of London's public transport network).
Each of our sites has experienced and knowledgeable managers, hall teams and student residence advisors (SRAs) available to help you throughout your time in UCL accommodation. Their responsibilities range from well-being to out-of-hours support, ensuring you have an exceptional student experience.
All of our accommodation has secure access, as your security and well-being is our main priority.
Find a private provider
UCL collaborates with a number of independent organisations offering private accommodation to students in London.