A vibrant social life
The Students’ Union is here to help you do more at UCL, to make the most of London and the opportunities you have here.
As soon as you join UCL you become a member of the Union and can start taking advantage of all the things they have to offer – like joining as many of the 300 clubs and societies as you want to.
- Students' Union UCL runs bars and event spaces on Campus. See live music, comedy and other events to suit all tastes at low student prices.
- The Bloomsbury Theatre hosts theatre, live music and stand-up comedy, as well as, peformances by the students and staff of UCL.
- It's easy to meet new people and make lifelong friends at UCL. Join an online community and connect with other new students through our social networks.
- From DJ-ing with our own student radio station, Rare FM, to playing with the Chamber Music Club, we've something for every taste.
- Students' Union UCL runs four cafés, four bars and a shop on UCL's Bloomsbury campus. Open throughout the day and into the night, many have computers and Wi-Fi access.
Get involved with Students' Union UCL
Driven by drama, sport, art or politics?
With the Union's 250+ societies and sports clubs, there are all sorts of ways to discover something that could become your passion.
All of these groups are run by students and are open to every student at UCL - they're the best way to meet friends, learn new skills and discover London.
We organise parties at some of the most famous clubs in the world, including Ministry of Sound and Fabric, and also provide opportunities to meet new people in more relaxed settings.
Be it games nights, a boat trip on the Thames or a pop-up cinema, the Union helps you make friends and memories you'll never forget.
Become part of TeamUCL
The Union provides one of the largest competitive sport programmes in the UK.
With sports from surfing to lacrosse and gliding to judo, there are endless opportunities to join TeamUCL. If you're at the top of your game and are competing nationally, we can also provide additional training and funding.
Games are played at a number of top facilities, including our very own Bloomsbury Fitness gym in the heart of campus. Somers Town Community Sports Centre, a 15-minute walk away, hosts many of our indoor sports. If outdoor sport is your thing, you might take the trip to the Sports Ground in Shenley or play on the iconic football pitches of Hackney Marshes.
Sport at the Union is award-winningly inclusive, with an active Pride in Sport LGBT+ campaign and a commitment to helping all students enjoy an active lifestyle, no matter what their level of ability. If you're not keen on competitive sport, you can pedal a cycle-powered cinema, kayak through East London or hula hoop your way to a healthier you with Project Active.