View another person's calendar in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
You can view the availability of other people by viewing their calendar before scheduling a meeting.
There are two methods to open an individual's calendar; by accepting a shared calendar invitation, or by using the 'Add Calendar' feature. This guide demonstrates both of these methods to access a shared calendar.
Before you start...
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
View a Calendar by accepting a Shared Calendar Invitation
1. If someone has shared a calendar with you, they may choose to send you a confirmation by using a shared calendar invitation. To accept and open the shared calendar, select the Accept button within the message. The calendar will now be visible within Calendar view beneath the People's calendars list on the left-hand pane.
View a Calendar using Import Calendar
1. Within Calendar, select Import calendar from the left-hand pane.
2. An Import calendar window will be displayed. Select From directory.
3. Beneath Add calendar from directory, enter the name or email address of the required person within the provided field. Select the correct user from the provided search result and select Add.
3. The calendar of the individual has now be added beneath the People's calendars list on the left-hand pane. To open or close the calendar, select the name of the calendar beneath People's calendars.
Tip: When multiple calendars are opened at the same time, the calendar entries are overlapped in the same view. To help differentiate the calendar entries, you can change the colour of each calendar opened. Beneath People's calendars on the left-hand pane, locate the calendar you would like to change and select More options (visible as ...). Select Colour and choose the appropriate option you would like set.
Related guides and other info:
- Get started with calendar
- Change calendar view
- Create an appointment
- Create a meeting
- Create a repeated meeting
- Create an all-day event
- Modify a meeting
- Share your calendar
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.