Getting started with calendar in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
The OWA calendar should already be set up for you the first time you log in. This guide explain some of the features on your calendar.
Before you start...
- Check your browser compatibility to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for using OWA.
The OWA calendar will already be set up for you the first time you log in. Some guidance on the calendar interface is outlined below:
Fig 1. Illustration of the Calendar window
View a larger version
- Create a new calendar event by selecting New event within the top-left corner. An event can be an appointment, a meeting, or an all-day event.
- Use the date selector on the left-hand pane to navigate from one date to another. When within week or school week view, shading indicates the week you’re currently viewing. Darker shading marks the current date.
- You can create new sub-calendars (personal calendars saved within your account) by selecting Add calendar within the left-hand pane. To add another individual's calendar, select Import calendar within the left-hand pane.
- Any calendars you have created or previously viewed will be displayed beneath My calendars, People's calendars or Rooms within the left-hand pane. If you select multiple calendars to display, they’ll be merged into a single view with each calendar given a different color.
- Navigate from one day, week, or month, depending on your calendar view by selecting Jump to previous or next rate range on the top menu. Click the Next or Previous arrows on either end to see the dates before or after those displayed.
- Within the top right corner, change the calendar view to day, week, school week or month. You can also share or print your calendar.
- Events saved within the calendars you have opened will be displayed within the centre of Calendar. Double-click any white space in this window to create a new calendar item, or click and drag to create a new item during the time duration you’ve selected.
Related guides and other info:
- Change calendar view
- Create an appointment
- Create a meeting
- Create a repeated meeting
- Create an all-day event
- Modify a meeting
- Share your calendar
- View other people's calendar
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.