Getting started with calendar in Outlook 2016 for Windows
The Outlook 2016 calendar should already be set up for you the first time you log in. This guide explain some of the features on your calendar.
Some guidance on the calendar interface are outlined below:
Fig 1. The Outlook 2016 calendar interface
View a larger version
1. Create new appointments and meetings by clicking on the New Appointment or New Meeting buttons. (Fig 1. )
2. Use the calendars (on the left) to navigate from one date to another. Shading indicates the month you’re currently viewing, and darker shading marks the current date. (Fig 1. )
3. You can view more than one calendar at a time. This section lets you create other calendars, such as a calendar just for a specific project or to track personal appointments. You can also add other people’s calendars and select which to display. If you select multiple calendars to display, they’ll be merged into a single view with each calendar given a different colour. (Fig 1. )
4. Use the navigation tabs to switch between your emails, calendar, people, tasks and more.(Fig 1. )
5. Select the view you want by switching between daily, weekly and monthly view.(Fig 1. )
6. Search your address book and find other peoples calendar which you want to view. (Fig 1. )
Related guides and other info:
- Change calendar view
- Create an appointment
- Modify an appointment
- Create a meeting
- Create a repeated meeting
- Create an all-day event
- Modify a meeting
- Share your calendar
- Accept a calendar share invitation
- View other people's calendar
Help and support
- Contact the IT Services.
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.