Contact details and team information for the UCL Arena Centre.
- curriculum and learning design
- individual professional development to all staff who teach and support learning
- resources workshops and consultancy (at UCL and internationally) on education development
Through scholarship, networking and horizon scanning, our team of Teaching Fellows maintains UCL’s position in the vanguard of developments in the higher education sector, building the capacity of UCL staff to deliver high quality, innovative education.
We work closely with the Office of the Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs) on institution-wide projects, quality assurance and managing UCL’s submission to the Teaching Excellence Framework.
We work closely with the Student’s Union UCL on student-staff partnerships to improve the student experience, particularly through ChangeMakers.
View members of the team by function:
- Leadership Team
- Teaching Fellows
- Programme Management
- Consultants and secondees
- Professor Sam Smidt - Academic Director
- Dr Jennifer Griffiths - Associate Director, Recognition, Development and Resources
- Dr Alex Standen - Associate Director, Early Career Academic and Research Supervisor Development
- Professor Simon Walker - Academic Lead
- Dr Brent Carnell - Principal Teaching Fellow
- Dr Silvia Colaiacomo - Senior Teaching Fellow
- Dr Jason Davies - Principal Teaching Fellow
- Dr Nick Grindle - Senior Teaching Fellow
- Jesper Hansen - Senior Teaching Fellow
- Karen Matthewman - Senior Teaching Fellow
- Dr Teresa McConlogue - Principal Teaching Fellow
- Dr Vincent Tong - Principal Teaching Fellow
- Sonale Karadia - Human Resources Manager/ Office Manager and Executive Assistant to Director
- Valentina Barbaria - Projects Manager, Research Supervision and Early Career Academic Development
- Moira Paganelli - Projects Officer, Research Supervision and Early Career Academic Development
- Peter Phillips - Projects Manager, Recognition, Development and Resources
- Abbie King - Projects Manager, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Sandra Lusk - Projects Officer, Recognition, Development and Resources
- Fiona Wilkie - Projects Officer, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Lauren Hawkridge - Communications and Events Manager, UCL Arena centre