Urgent and out of hours support

A list of urgent help and/or out of hours support.

On this page:

Urgent support 

If you're not immediately worried about keeping yourself safe, but are feeling distressed and would like urgent support, you should contact your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

You may also contact your nearest GP (doctor) surgery to request an emergency appointment or call the free NHS out-of-hours medical line on 111, and they will help you access the right services.

Difficult thoughts and feelings

If you are experiencing difficult thoughts and feelings, the SPCS Staf Safe Card offers information on how to cope with your emotions. 

Download the SPCS Stay Safe Card

Other support services

There are a number of external services that may be able to help if you are feeling distressed and/or are concerned about managing suicidal thoughts. 

Camden Crisis Sanctuary

This new service offers short-term support to residents of Camden presenting with a mental health crisis.


The free HOPELINEUK service is similar to the Samaritans, but specifically for people under 35 who are feeling suicidal.


Maytree is a charity that provides support by offering a one-off residential stay when in a suicidal crisis.

Website: www.maytree.org.uk

CALM - Campaign Against Living Miserably

CALM is leading a movement against male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK.