Questions? askUCL

Immigration and visas

Guidance for international students applying for visas to study at UCL, including information on Student visa applications, Biometric Residence Permits (BRP), Digital Immigration Status, working in the UK, the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS), medical electives, and the Graduate Route visa.

Student visa

Link to TfL

Advice and guidance about how to apply for a Student visa both inside and outside the UK. 

Student Immigration Advice & Virtual Drop-in Sessions

Link to Upgrade from MPhil to PhD

Contact our Student Immigration Advice Team.

Standard visitor visa

london over the summer

Guidance on applying for a Standard visitor visa for short periods of study in the UK.

Other visas

Link to E-learning services

Guidance and information about Schengen and other visas. 

Biometric Residence Permit

Link to Email, computers and internet

Information about BRPs and what to do if yours is lost or stolen.

Online immigration status (eVisa)

A globe in someone's hand

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) are developing a digital immigration system. This means they are replacing physical documents with an online record of your immigration status. This is known as an eVisa.

Working in the UK

Link to Interrupting your studies

Information about working in the UK both during and after completion of study. 


Link to Fee schedules

Information about the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

Medical Electives

Stethoscope and laptop

Guidance on applying for a visa to undertake a Medical Elective at UCL. 

EU Settlement Scheme

personal tutor

The scheme allows EU citizens to continue to study, work and live in the UK post-Brexit.

Graduate route


Information about the new post-study work visa.

Enrolment Resources

Image of Portico between trees with Welcome banners hung.

Information on what you need to enrol at UCL