Questions? askUCL

Research students

If you are a research student there are processes you need to follow to make sure that your records reflect where you are in your studies, this can affect your fees and your access to support.

Upgrade from MPhil to PhD

Link to Upgrade from MPhil to PhD

Find out more about the regulations and processes around upgrading your MPhil status to a PhD.

Completing research status

Link to Completing research status

Apply for completing research status when you're ready to write up your doctoral thesis or apply for an extension.

Study leave

Link to Study leave

If you are going to conduct research away from UCL you must apply for study leave.

Interrupting or withdrawing

alt text

You need to apply for an interruption if you need to take a break from your studies for an extended period.