Before you start
- a UCL internet connection (on the premises, or remotely via Desktop@UCL Anywhere)
Please read the following booking rules about booking a room at UCL:
- Remember to cancel any bookings you no longer need.
- Only book rooms for the appropriate length of time and number of attendees you need.
- Unoccupied rooms still need to be booked.
- The room bookings team may ask you to be flexible with your booking if there’s an important UCL event.
- A digital projector screen is provided as standard in UCL's centrally bookable rooms. If you require additional IT support or equipment at your event, please discuss your requirements with UCL's AV Centre in advance by calling UCL ext 46677 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Event Support team will not be able to help you with IT issues.
- You can only book rooms for the current academic year. Room availability for the next academic year opens at the end of August. If you need to book rooms in the next academic year for annual events, large events or conferences or VIP events, please contact the room booking team directly: email@example.com, 020 3108 7577 (UCL ext 57577).
Choose a task from the list below.
- 1. Book a centrally bookable room
You can book most rooms at UCL through the CMISGo booking system. To book a room through CMISGo, choose this task.
- 2. Book a social space or room that is not on the booking system
You will need to book certain rooms and spaces through the Room Bookings team, because they’re not available to book on CMISGo.
If you need to book any of the rooms listed below, visit Book a social space or room that is not on the booking system.
Wilkins Building (Main Building):
- Haldane Room
- Jeremy Bentham Room
- Main Quad - North Side (outside space in front of Wilkins Building)
- North Cloisters
- South Cloisters
- Upper Terrace
Wilkins Lower Refectory:
- North Orangerie
- South Orangerie
- G12 Council Room
- G14 Committee Room
- 3. Book a conference room
UCL staff interested in booking UCL conference spaces should use the UCL room booking service via CMISGo.
- 4. Book an external speaker
All visiting speakers at meetings organised by students must come at the invitation of a club or society recognised by UCLU or the council and committees of UCLU. This is so we can access the risks involved.
- 5. Book a meeting room through Outlook (OWA)
You can book meeting rooms through Outlook. This task explains how to book a room and send a meeting invite through Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Follow the instructions in the Book a meeting room through Outlook (OWA) task.
- 6. Book teaching space
CMISgo bookings will not appear on students' timetables. To book teaching space for a modular accredited teaching course, you’ll need to contact your departmental timetabler.
Book teaching space (for a modular accredited teaching course)
- 7. Book an IOE PC lab
The IOE PC labs (cluster rooms) are in the IOE library. Choose this task if you need to book one.
- 8. Cancel a room booking
Choose this task if you need to cancel a room booking.
- 9. Book catering for an event or meeting
This task explains how to book catering for your event through the 'Food at UCL' hospitality site, which is run by our caterers Gather&Gather.
- 10. Request security for an event
Choose this task if you need to request security staff for an event.
- 11. Book poster boards (for an event)
Poster boards are available for hire for events for £10 and will need to be requested in advance.
View the 'book a poster board' task for more details.