Before you start
- a UCL internet connection (on the premises, or remotely via Desktop@UCL Anywhere)
- access to the CMISGo booking system
- your UCL user ID and password
- the name and organisation of any external speaker(s) you plan to have at your event.
- Only permanent members of staff have access to CMISGo. If you're not a permanent member of staff and need access, contact your departmental administrator.
- A digital projector screen is provided as standard in UCL's centrally bookable rooms. If you require additional IT support or equipment at your event, please discuss your requirements with UCL's AV Centre in advance by calling UCL ext 46677 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Event Support team will not be able to help you with IT issues.
- You should not use CMISGo to book teaching events. CMISGo bookings will not appear on students' timetables.
- The IOE building, 20 Bedford Way has a fire alarm test every Monday at 10:30.
- 1. Log into CMISGo
You’ll need to have access to be able to log into the system.
Log into CMISGo with your UCL username and password. This will take you to the timetable page.
- 2. Search for a room
You can search for rooms by location and capacity.
- Click on the ‘Bookings’ dropdown menu and select ‘Find and book’.
- Fill in the details of where you’d like to book a room (leaving the ‘campus’ and ‘building’ fields empty will let you see more search results). Add the number of attendees and click ‘Next’.
- Select the time and date for your booking. Then click ‘Next’.
- 3. Choose a room
Choose a room from the search results.
You can view a picture and more details of the room by clicking on the plus symbol.
Rooms that say ‘Bookings are provisional only’ need approval from the Room Bookings team. Rooms that say ‘Bookings are confirmed by this process’ do not need approval.
Click on the room you’d like to book and click ‘Next’
- 4. Add any additional UCL contacts
Adding another contact to the booking will send an email to them and create an event in their CMISGo timetable.
You can search by name in the ‘Name’ field and choose from the list that appears.
Click ‘Next’ to continue.
- 5. Add any external speakers into CMISGo
You must give notice of any external speakers who’ll be speaking at your event. This is so that UCL can assess any potential risk relating to the event.
Add any external speakers to the ‘External speaker’ field in CMISGo.
Write “N/A” if you do not have an external speaker, or “TBC” if not confirmed yet.
If you have an external speaker you must read the 'Procedure for managing events with external speakers'.
- 6. Confirm your booking
Add the title of your event and confirm your booking.
Add the title of your event and click ‘Book’ to confirm your booking.
The system will send a booking reference to your email address.
If your room needs approval, the Room Bookings team will send you a follow up email – either confirming your booking, or asking for further details.
You can view your booking under ‘Bookings’, then ‘My bookings’.
Its not possible to amend an existing booking. If you need to make changes to a booking, you’ll need to cancel and then re-book it.
- 7. If you’re looking for a specific room or building
Follow these instructions if you know which room or building you're looking for.
- You can check room availability by going to the ‘Bookings’ dropdown menu and selecting ‘Check availability & book’.
- Type the name of the building or room you’re looking for in the ‘Room’ field. Choose the one you want from the list of options.
- Add the number of attendees and click ‘Next’.
- Choose the date(s) you want to make your booking for and click ‘Next’. (Only click the date once, a double click will add 2 lines under the ‘Selected dates’ field).
- Choose the times you want to make the booking for. Yellow shows which slots are available. Click on the time slot you want – this will turn it green. You can also drag the time slot to extend the booking. Then click ‘Next’ to continue.
Then complete steps 4, 5 and 6 (above).