Before you start
- your UCL username and password
- to check your browser compatibility
Be aware that you’ll only be able to book rooms that are available to your department or division. If you need to book a different room, use CMISGo instead.
- 1. Log into Outlook
You’ll need to open Outlook in your web browser.
Log into your Outlook calendar.
Note: if you land on your inbox, click on the calendar icon in the bottom left-hand corner. This will take you to your calendar.
- 2. Create an event
You’ll need to create an event in Outlook.
- Click ‘New event’ in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Then add the title of your meeting or event.
- 3. Add attendees to the invite
You can find all UCL contacts and addresses in the Global Address Book.
- Click on the ‘Invite attendees’ field and search for the names or email addresses. Select the attendees you wish to invite.
- Select your attendees from the dropdown list that appears.
- 4. Add the date and times of your meeting
You'll be able to make the meeting a recurring event if applicable.
- Choose a date, start time and end time for your meeting.
- Outlook will suggest time slots based on availability. You'll the see suggested time slots beneath the date and time you’ve selected. If Outlook cannot suggest any times, click on ‘Open Scheduling Assistant’. This allows you to view the calendars of your attendees and pick a time where everyone is available.
All day event
If your event occurs all day, switch on the ‘All day’ toggle.
If you need to create a recurring event, click on the ‘Repeat’ dropdown list and add details of the recurrence.
- 5. Find a room
You’ll be able to choose from a list of rooms available to your department or division.
- Find a room by clicking on ‘Search for room or location’. A list of rooms which are available in your building will appear.
- To book a room in another building, click on ‘Browse more rooms’ and search for the building you’re looking for. Then click on the room list you want and choose from the list of available rooms.
- Add a message or an agenda in the text field.
To add a Teams meeting
To create an online meeting, click the ‘Teams meeting’ toggle button to switch it on.
Setting a reminder
You can set a reminder time if applicable, using the ‘Remind me’ dropdown list.
If you need to set your event to 'Private', click on the ‘Busy’ dropdown menu at the top of the window and select ‘Private’.
By default, this will be set to request responses and allow forwarding. If you do not want attendees to forward the invite, untick ‘Allow forwarding’.
- 6. Send out the meeting invite
Your attendees will receive an invitation to the meeting.
- Click ‘Send’ to send out the meeting invite.
- You’ll receive an email confirming that the room is available or unavailable. You’ll also see the event appear in your Outlook calendar.