Postgraduate taught programmes
Why study at UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences?
- In a world that’s changing, you can change the world. From COVID-19 to cancer, UCL Medical Sciences is at the forefront of fighting the world’s biggest health problems.
- UCL is rated as the top UK university by research strength (REF 2014). UCL Clinical Medicine is rated first in the UK for research power, with 80% of our submissions rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (REF 2014).
- Our students are hands-on in world-class facilities, from virtual reality to 3D bio-printing. We’re extremely proud of connections with top partner hospitals and institutions, such as UCLH, The Royal Free, and the Francis Crick Institute.
- We prepare graduates to go out and make their mark. From academia, to the NHS, clinical trials companies to pharmaceuticals, and even the financial sector, our graduates move into a range of professions to match their passion. Many of our programmes are mapped onto the training required for specific professions.
Featured Master Courses
Working with industry and top clinical medicine and scientific minds we have developed three new cutting-edge Master's Programmes:
Taught by world-leading academics in genomics research, this innovative MSc combines our clinical and scientific expertise to train students to understand and interpret multi-omic data.
As a UCL dietetics graduate, you will develop clinical skills alongside research, leadership and project management expertise and will be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a Dietitian on completion.
Learn from world leaders in aesthetic surgery. Study at a world-renowned centre of excellence for Plastic Surgery and set yourself apart with a Masters in Aesthetics from UCL.
Browse our postgraduate taught programmes (MSc and MRes) by institute and division below.
- Cancer Institute
At the UCL Cancer Institute, you will be joining a scientific community dedicated to discovering new techniques in cancer detection and treatment that can make a real difference to the lives of cancer patients.
- Medical School
UCL Medical School offers a range of learning opportunities for all healthcare professionals looking to advance their careers in clinical and professional education and develop expertise at a world-renowned research and teaching institution.
- Division of Surgery and Interventional Science
Many of these programmes give you the opportunity to discuss ideas with the worlds leading experts in their specialism and share your knowledge and experiences with peers from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
Aesthetics (Aesthetic Surgery) MS
Anaesthesia and Perioperative Science MSc
Burns, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery MSc
Musculoskeletal Science MSc
Nanotechnology & Regenerative Medicine MSc
Pain Management MSc
Performing Arts Medicine MSc
Perioperative Medicine MSc
Physical Therapy in Musculoskeletal Healthcare & Rehabilitation MSc
Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technologies MSc
Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health MSc
Surgical and Interventional Sciences MSc
- Division of Infection and Immunity
A centre for teaching and research excellence in immunology, pathogen evolution and host-pathogen interaction.
- Division of Medicine
The UCL Division of Medicine offers postgraduate masters degree programmes with some common elements and some elements specific to each programme.
MSc Advanced Biomedical Imaging
MSc Obesity and Clinical Nutrition
MSc Clinical and Public Health Nutrition
MSc Eating Disorders and Clinical Nutrition
MSc Clinical Drug Development
MRes Clinical Drug Development
MSc Dietetics (Pre-registration)
MSc Drug Design
MRes Drug Design
MSc Human Tissue Repair
MRes Human Tissue Repair
MSc Precision Medicine
MSc Respiratory Clinical Science
- Eastman Dental Institute
Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry PG Cert
Conservative Dentistry MSc
Dental Hygiene MSc
Dental Sedation and Pain Management PG Cert
Endodontic Practice PG Dip
Endodontology (Advanced Training) MClinDent
Implant Dentistry PG Dip
Oral Medicine MSc
Oral Surgery MClinDent
Oral Surgery (Advanced Training) MClinDent
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MSc
Orthodontics (Advanced Training) MClinDent
Paediatric Dentistry MSc
Periodontology (Distance Learning) MSc
Prosthodontics (Advanced Training) MClinDent
Restorative Dental Practice MSc
Special Care Dentistry MSc
Special Care Dentistry PG Cert
Sports Dentistry: Oral Health in Sport MSc