Postgraduate taught programmes
Why study at UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences?
- In a world that's changing, you can change the world. From COVID-19 to cancer, UCL Medical Sciences is at the forefront of fighting the world’s biggest health problems.
- UCL Clinical Medicine is rated first in the UK for research power, with 80% of our submissions rated 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' (REF 2014).
- Our students are hands-on in world-class facilities, from virtual reality to 3D bio-printing. Our connections with top partner hospitals and institutions include UCLH, The Royal Free, and the Francis Crick Institute.
- We prepare graduates to go out and make their mark. From academia to the NHS, clinical trials companies to pharmaceuticals, our graduates enter the professions that match their passions.
- Many of our programmes are mapped onto the training required for specific professions.
Featured Master's Courses
Working with industry and top clinical medicine and scientific minds, we have developed three new cutting-edge master's programmes.
Taught by world-leading academics in genomics research, this MSc combines clinical and scientific expertise to train students to understand and interpret multiomic data.
Develop clinical skills alongside research, leadership and project management expertise. Graduates will be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a dietitian.
Learn from world leaders in aesthetic surgery. Study at a world-renowned centre of excellence for Plastic Surgery and set yourself apart with a Master's in Aesthetics from UCL.
Browse our postgraduate taught programmes (MSc and MRes) below.
- Cancer Institute
At the UCL Cancer Institute, you will be joining a scientific community dedicated to discovering new techniques in cancer detection and treatment that can make a real difference to the lives of cancer patients.
- Medical School
UCL Medical School offers a range of learning opportunities for all healthcare professionals looking to advance their careers in clinical and professional education and develop expertise at a world-renowned research and teaching institution.
- Division of Surgery and Interventional Science
Many of these programmes give you the opportunity to discuss ideas with the worlds leading experts in their specialism and share your knowledge and experiences with peers from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
- Aesthetics (Aesthetic Surgery) MS
- Aesthetics (Minimally Invasive) MS
- Anaesthesia and Perioperative Science MSc
- Burns, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery MSc
- Musculoskeletal Science MSc
- Nanotechnology & Regenerative Medicine MSc
- Orthopaedics MSc
- Pain Management MSc
- Performing Arts Medicine MSc
- Performing Arts Medicine PGCert
- Perioperative Medicine MSc
- Physical Therapy in Musculoskeletal Healthcare & Rehabilitation MSc
- Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technologies MSc
- Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health MSc
- Surgical and Interventional Sciences MSc
- Division of Infection and Immunity
A centre for teaching and research excellence in immunology, pathogen evolution and host-pathogen interaction.
- Division of Medicine
The UCL Division of Medicine offers master's programmes with some common elements and some elements specific to each programme.
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging MSc
- Clinical and Public Health Nutrition MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Eating Disorders and Clinical Nutrition MSc
- Clinical Drug Development MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Clinical Drug Development MRes
- Dietetics (Pre-registration) MSc
- Drug Design MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Drug Design MRes
- Genetics and Multiomics in Medicine MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Human Tissue Repair MSc
- Human Tissue Repair MRes
- Obesity and Clinical Nutrition MSc
- Precision Medicine MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Respiratory Clinical Science MSc / PGDip / PGCert
- Eastman Dental Institute
- Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry PGCert
- Conservative Dentistry MSc
- Dental Hygiene MSc
- Dental Sedation and Pain Management PGCert
- Endodontic Practice PGDip
- Endodontics MSc
- Endodontology MClinDent
- Endodontology (Advanced Training) MClinDent
- Implant Dentistry PGDip
- Oral Medicine MSc
- Oral Surgery MClinDent
- Oral Surgery (Advanced Training) MClinDent
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MSc
- Orthodontics MClinDent
- Orthodontics (Advanced Training) MClinDent
- Paediatric Dentistry MSc
- Periodontology MClinDent
- Periodontology MSc (Distance Learning)
- Prosthodontics (Advanced Training) MClinDent
- Restorative Dental Practice MSc
- Special Care Dentistry MSc / PGCert
- Sports Dentistry: Oral Health in Sport MSc