The UCL- GREAT Scholarships 2021 are jointly funded by the British Council and UCL. The aim is to provide financial support to citizens of Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Kenya, and Thailand.
Value: £11,000 (one year full-time only)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Academic excellence and financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas (specific countries Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Kenya and Thailand)
Eligible programmes: Postgraduate taught (see details below)
Candidates must be citizens of of Bangladesh, Ghana, India Kenya, or Thailand.
Hold an offer to study a full-time Master's degree at UCL in 2021/22
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are 6 scholarships available in 2020/21.
- The value of the scholarship is £11,000
- One scholarship for Bangladesh (all subjects)
- One scholarship for Ghana (all subjects)
- One scholarship for Kenya (all subjects)
- Two scholarships for India (Population Health Sciences; Medical Sciences; Life Sciences only)
- One scholarship for Thailand (Population Health Sciences; Medical Sciences; Life Sciences only)
- The scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL – GREAT scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and financial need
How to apply
You need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click 'Check and apply' under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
The deadline to apply is 5pm BST, Thursday 21 April 2021
For further information or queries contact email@example.com
For help completing the form please read our Master's Scholarship Application Guidance.
Successful candidates will be informed at the end of May 2021