Contacting HR

2nd Floor
Bidborough House
38-50 Bidborough St
London WC1H 9BT
Tel: +44 020 3108 8829


Fellowships and Career Development Programmes

If you are a research assistant/associate/fellow, employed on a grant where your professor is a principal investigator (PI), you are not usually eligible to apply for mainstream grants as a PI yourself. However you can apply for training or career development fellowships from several of the research councils and other major funding bodies, e.g. MRC, ESRC, EPSRC, Wellcome Trust (see links below). There are various fellowships available from those which allow you to do a PhD through to those which expect you to already have several years of post-doctoral research experience.

Conference funding

If you are looking for additional funding to attend a conference, there are special funds at the UCL Graduate School ( and Royal Society (see below).

Other sources of information

You can also subscribe to the Research Fortnight ( ) to obtain a fortnight email alerts of funding opportunities.

Links to the UK Research Councils and other major funding bodies (this is not an exhaustive list):

Back to Research Staff Sub-Committee home page.