1-19 Torrington Place
9th and 10th Floors
London WC1E 7HB
Tel: +44 020 7679 1843
UCL Staff Benefits
UCL is a dynamic, global university based in one of the most exciting capital cities in the world. Not only does working at UCL offer the opportunity to work with some of the greatest intellects in the world, it also offers competitive terms, conditions and benefits to its staff. UCL is proud of its longstanding commitment to equality and to providing a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of its diverse members are respected. Of particular relevance to staff benefits, we emphasise that individuals in same-sex partnerships have the same entitlements as heterosexual couples in areas such as adoption leave, leave for domestic or personal reasons and pension schemes.
In the 2013 UCL staff survey, 83% of staff would recommend UCL as a place to work and 86% are proud to work for UCL.
Review of Reward and Introduction of Voluntary Healthcare Scheme
As part of a wider review of reward provision and in response to feedback from staff in the last Staff Survey, UCL is assessing the range of benefits available to staff, with a view to expanding the number on offer. As an initial step a new voluntary healthcare scheme is being launched, which will allow employees to take advantage of highly discounted medical insurance, should they wish to do so.
The scheme provided by AXA PPA offers employees and their dependents and/or family prompt access to eligible private medical treatment, allowing them to get the treatment they need, when they need it.
Under this scheme membership premiums for the four available plans have been discounted by up to 50% (when compared with AXA PPP’s standard premiums)
AXA PPP has also offered UCL staff a limited opportunity to join the Premier and Key plans on a Medical History Disregarded basis for a period of up to 6 weeks after the launch date of the 3rd November. This means that if you have a historical medical condition you may still be covered for it so long as you do not have any planned treatment. After the 6 week launch period, staff will be able to join the scheme at anytime but AXA PPP reserves the right to adjust the applicable membership premium for individual staff on the basis of existing medical conditions.
The formal launch date for the scheme is 3rd November. Employees interested in joining the scheme are advised to sign up within six weeks of the launch date to benefit from the MHD arrangement. A representative from the scheme provider will visit UCL on Friday the 14th November (10th Floor 1-19 Torrington Place, Room 1007) to answer any specific questions that you may have.
More information about the four plans available can be found here .
For further information, please contact AXA PPP healthcare direct on 0800 0321 950 quoting ref 96369 (calls may be recorded in case of subsequent query). On receipt of your enquiry, full details of the policy terms and conditions will be sent to you without any obligation.
Did you know?
The NUS Extra Card is available to UCL staff as well as students and can provide fantastic savings across a multitude of online and street stores. See https://uclu.org/articles/buy-your-nus-extra-card-on-campus-now?dm_i=UAA,1Z3UK,3YRC5A,743LR,1 for more information
Current reward and benefits at UCL
In addition to a generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme, UCL provides a number of other staff benefit. The following is a list of some benefits that are currently available:
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Enhanced Adoption Pay
- Enhanced Paternity/Partner’s Pay
- Work Life Balance Policy - Facilitating Flexible Working
- Workplace Nursery
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Leave for Domestic and Personal Reasons
- Advice on Childcare, Eldercare or Disability Care
- Pension Schemes
- Season Ticket & Bicycle Loans
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Relocation Expenses and Relocation Supplements
- House Loans for Certain Groups of Staff
- An Accommodation Service to Assist Staff Moving to London
- Give as You Earn Scheme
- Organisational Development
- Access to the Careers Service
- Sabbatical Leave for Academic Staff
- Study Assistance Scheme -Financial Contribution for Professional Development
- Library Access for all Staff
- Access to UCL's Language Centre
- Equalities Web Site
- Disability Equality Scheme
- Access to Work
- Gender Equality Scheme
- Race Equality Policy
- Religion and Belief Guidance
- LGBT Staff Network
- Departmental Equal Opportunity Liaison Officers (DEOLO's)
- Occupational Health Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare for Display Equipment Users
- Health Promotion Initiatives
- UCL Mediation Service
- Procurement Discounts
- Staff Discount at UCL's Fitness Club
- Did You Know? – Benefits and Discounts Offered