The Research Department of Primary Care and Population Health at UCL is part of the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care and is headed by Dr Fiona Stevenson.
- To undertake excellent research that is clinically relevant and impacts on the health of individuals and populations;
- To use our research, teaching and innovation to impact on health system improvement and service redesign;
- To work in partnership with people who use services, practitioners across the health and social care sectors, policy makers and other stakeholders relevant to increasing the impact of academic activities;
- To provide excellent teaching in primary care, population health and research methods;
- To strengthen the discipline of general practice through leadership in research, teaching and clinical practice;
- To foster professional development in all members to enable each individual to reach their full potential;
In order to do this we:
- Carry out all phases of clinical research from epidemiology and qualitative fieldwork through to intervention development, evaluation, implementation and translational research, as well as methodological research and development;
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, bringing together clinicians, scientists, patients and public with a wide range of methodological skills and expertise;
- Foster excellent communication within the Department, across workgroups and disciplines, and with local, national and international colleagues and organisations;
- Foster a learning environment where students (MB BS, BSc, MSc, MD, PhD), researchers, teachers and administrators are all supported in learning and continuing professional development;
- Invest in the career development of all of our staff;
- Promote an open, friendly, diverse and inclusive working environment.
PCPH is a member of the prestigious NIHR School for Primary Care Research and contributes to the NIHR School for Public Health Research.
In the 2014 REF UCL submitted 159.75 FTE staff to UoA 2 (Public Health, Health Services and Primary Care) with 46% of the total submission rated as 4*.
We have strong collaborations internationally, nationally and within UCL.
In addition to being part of the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care we have links with the UCL Institute of Digital Health, the Institute of Clinical Trials and Methodology and the Centre for Behaviour Change:
- UCL Institute of Digital Health
- Institute of Clinical Trials and Methodology
- Centre for Behaviour Change
Structure of the Department
|Head of Department||Professor Fiona Stevenson|
|Department Manager||Kristina Narvet (secondee for Mrs Orla O'Donnell)|
|Graduate Tutor||Dr Julia Bailey|
|Department Human Resources Administrator||Ione Karney|
|Department Research Finance and PhD Administrator|
|Medical Education Finance and Research and Teaching Administrator||TBC|
|Institute Finance Administrator||Ayan Robleh|
|Department Administrative Assistant||Connie Chase|
|Research Administrator for CAPS and e-Health||Jeshma Mehta|
|Teaching Administrator Team Lead||Shamim Sobur (secondee for Kristina Narvet)|
|Teaching Administrator, Primary Care Medical Education||Sandra Soria Medina|
|Teaching Administrator, Primary Care Medical Education||Rowshan Wahida Mizan|
|Teaching Administrator, Primary Care Medical Education||Angelika Zikiy|
|Teaching Administrator, Primary Care Medical Education||Angela Gichane|