This page highlights a range of funding sources available within the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care, across UCL and external to UCL.
Studentships and Funding
Undergraduate sources of funding
There are currently no live undergraduate opportunities within the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care. However please visit UCL's Funding for students on undergraduate programmes webpage.
Masters sources of funding
MSc Social Epidemiology: there is currently one £2,500 studentship available for entry in the 2024/25 academic year. View the Michael Marmot Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas).
MSc Population Health: there is currently one £2,500 studentship available for entry in the 2024/25 academic year. View the MSc Population Health Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas).
MSc Dental Public Health: there are currently two Scholarships available for full-time students undertaking the MSc in Dental Public Health in the 2024/5 academic year. The Scholarships consist of £2,500 towards tuition fees for home students and £5,000 for overseas students. View the Aubrey Sheiham Scholarship (Home/EU/Overseas)
MSc Health Psychology: there is currently one £3,750 studentship available for entry in the 2024/25 academic year. View the Jane Wardle Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas)
Master of Public Health MPH (online): there are two Impact Scholarships available for entry for 2024/25 academic year. View the The IMPACT Scholarship (Home/EU/Overseas)
You can also visit UCL's Funding for postgraduate taught programmes webpage.
Research Degree sources of funding
We currently have various sources of funding for PhD applicants which are listed below.
- PhD Studentship: Tackling loneliness in schools using social prescribing (TaLoS) - deadline 12th February 2024
- UCL Research Excellence Scholarship
- UCL Research Excellence Scholarship for Cross Disciplinary Training
- UCL Chinese Scholarships Council
- ESRC PhD Studentships in Life course and Social Epidemiology (UBEL)
- Soc-B Centre for Doctoral Training in Biosocial Research
- MRC PhD Studentships in Populations, People and Data Across the Life Course
- CRUK Studentship in Tobacco Control
- UCL-Birkbeck MRC DTP Studentship
- NIHR SPHR PhD Studentships 2022/23
- BHF Cardiovascular Biomedicine 4 year PhD Studentships
- International Alliance for Cancer Early Detection PhD Studentship
- Wellcome 4 yr Mental Health Science
- NIHR ARC North Thames funded PhD studentships
- Student Finance England Doctoral Loan
- NIHR Doctoral Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust - Doctoral Studentships
- London NERC DTP (pan-disciplinary)
- Charitable funding sources
You can also visit UCL's Funding for postgraduate research degree programmes webpage.
Studentships and Funding within UCL
To view a further comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit UCL's Scholarships and Funding website.