This page highlights a range of funding sources available within the Institute of Epidemilogy and Health Care, across UCL and external to UCL.
Studentships and Funding
Undergraduate sources of funding
There are currently no live undergraduate opportunities within the Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care. However please visit UCL's Funding for students on undergraduate programmes webpage.
Masters sources of funding
MSc Social Epidemiology: there are currently two studentships available for entry in the 2021/22 academic year. The Michael Marmot Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas) has a value of £2,500 towards tuition fees. The Jackson Widening Participation Scholarship (UK Domicile) has a value of £6,000 towards tuition fees.
MSc Population Health: there is currently one £2,500 studentship available for entry in the 2021/22 academic year. View the MSc Population Health Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas)
MSc Dental and Public Health: there is currently one £2,500 studentship available for entry in the 2021/22 academic year. View the Aubrey Sheiham Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas)
MSc Health Psychology: there is currently one £3,750 studentship available for entry in the 2021/22 academic year. View the Jane Wardle Studentship (Home/EU/Overseas)
You can also visit UCL's Funding for postgraduate taught programmes webpage.
Research Degree sources of funding
We currently have various sources of funding for PhD applicants which are listed below. We have also listed whether they are currently open to applications and the deadline.
- UCL Graduate Research Scholarships
- UCL Overseas Research Scholarships
- UCL Chinese Scholarships Council
- ESRC PhD Studentships in Life course and Social Epidemiology (UBEL)
- Soc-B Centre for Doctoral Training in Biosocial Research
- MRC PhD Studentships in Populations, People and Data Across the Life Course
- UCL-Birkbeck MRC DTP Studentship
- SPCR Studentship in Primary Care 2021/22
- BHF Cardiovascular Biomedicine 4 year PhD Studentships
- International Alliance for Cancer Early Detection PhD Studentship
- Wellcome 4 yr Mental Health Science
- NIHR ARC North Thames funded PhD studentships
- ESRC-Health Foundation PhD studentship in multimorbidity
- Student Finance England Doctoral Loan
- NIHR Doctoral Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust - Doctoral Studentships
- London NERC DTP (pan-disciplinary)
- Charitable funding sources
You can also visit UCL's Funding for postgraduate research degree programmes webpage.
Studentships and Funding within UCL
To view a further comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UCL, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit UCL's Scholarships and Funding website.