Preventing and redressing the impact of inequalities is a core philosophy of the UCL Master of Public Health (MPH). To reflect this, we are offering two scholarships annually which will support applicants who have demonstrated financial need, who have lived experience of inequality, and who show great promise for population health impact. The IMPACT scholarship up to the value of £18,000 will contribute towards the recipient’s full-time fees to study on the MPH programme. People wishing to study part-time or modular flexible are also welcome to apply and the scholarship up to the value of £18,000 will contribute towards the recipient’s fees and will be applied pro rata.
Available to: Prospective students to UCL online Master of Public Health, who have experienced inequality
Selection criteria: Online application with personal statement
Eligible fee status: Home and overseas
Eligible programme: UCL online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Deadline: Friday 30th June 2023, 11.59pm BST
Candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Has lived experience of inequality. This may include, but is not limited to, experience of inequality due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, adverse childhood experiences, social exclusion, or disability.
- Meets the admissions criteria for UCL online Master of Public Health (MPH).
- AND have submitted an admissions application for the MPH programme at UCL, starting in 2023/24.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to two bursaries available in 2023/24.
- The value of the bursary is £18,000.
- The bursary is tenable for students who wish to study full time, part time of via modular-flexible.
- The bursary will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees.
The scholarship is awarded based on a comprehensive set of criteria to evaluate applicants description of:
- how their experience of inequality (due to income, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, carer responsibilities, adverse childhood experience, social exclusion, or disability) has shaped them and their drive to study Public Health.
- why they should receive a scholarship to undertake the Master of Public Health and how it will benefit them personally.
- how they will use their experience of inequality and the benefit of the scholarship and MPH to make a difference to population health in their future career.
A panel of two assessors will review and score each application separately. Combined/average score across assessors will be ranked. The two highest scoring applicants will be recommended for scholarships.
How to apply
Applications will be open from 1 April 2023.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be Friday 30th June 2023, 11:59pm BST.
Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified in early August 2023.
Join our Virtual Graduate Information Sessions to find out more about our MPH Master of Public Health.