UCL Research Department of Primary Care and Population Health
We understake world-leading research in primary care, addressing the management and prevention of disease in high-priority areas of health. We deliver high-quality teaching in primary care and population health in a range of health and community settings.
Our research focuses on health issues which are top priorities for patients and for health services.
We research the entire life cycle of complex interventions, starting with understanding health problems from patients’ perspectives, and using a range of research approaches (including qualitative, quantitative, modelling and health economic methods) to develop, evaluate and implement interventions.
Our research teams involve many different disciplines, including clinicians (doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists, dentists), psychologists, epidemiologists, statisticians, sociologists, health economists, and patient and public representatives (Experts through Experience).
- PRIMENT Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
- Health Economics Analysis and Research Team (HEART)
- Health Informatics and Electronic Health Records
- Centre for Excellence in Qualitative Health Research and Teaching
- Improvement and Implementation Science
- Intervention Development
- Research Design Service
- Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE)