Educational Research Group
The Primary Care Education Research Group (PCERG) is chaired by Dr. Sophie Park. The PCERG is based at the Royal Free Campus of UCL Medical School and undertakes a range of clinical educational research. Projects use a range of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodology research. Group members include experienced GP educators and researchers, Research Assistants, PhD and medical students and academic specialist trainees. Many members of the ERG are also part of a large and active primary care education group which have a major input into all levels of the medical school undergraduate curriculum and postgraduate GP training.
The group has strong collaborative links with the Higher Education Academy, Association for the Study of Medical Education, Society of Academic Primary Care and Institute of Education. The PCERG is a member of the NSPCR medical education working group. Within UCL, the group has cross-disciplinary links with the Academic Centre for Medical Education (ACME) and Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT).
The Primary Care Educational Research Group Aims:
- To provide means for sharing ideas and innovations related to community based medical education through seminars, publications and conferences
- To encourage and facilitate the conducting of high quality research in areas related primarily to community based medical education
- To seek means of implementing research findings related to community based medical education
- To maintain liaison with other organisations with similar interests in medical education or educational research
- To support the training and education of educational researchers within PCPH.