This page is a resource hub for GPs tutors delivering or interested in teaching UCL Medical students.
GP & Practice Recruitment
We recruit GPs and Practices to teach medical students throughout the academic year.
- Information about different programmes
- Video: 'Information for patient considering taking part in general practice teaching'
- Video: 'Information for GPs considering teaching in general practice'
- Important documents
- GP Tutor development opportunities
- Primary Care Medical Education Conference - 31st March 2023 at the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Training to Teach course - details can be found here
- UCL Arena
- London Deanery Introduction to Teaching in Primary Care course
- New GP trainer programme
- UCL Education Awards Excellence in Medical Education Awards 2022 - Deadline 5 pm on 7th March 2022. Full details of the application process and guidance are available on the website Enquiries about any aspect of the EMEAs should be addressed to email@example.com
- Useful resources
- Student Support and Wellbeing
- GMC outcomes for Graduates
- Teaching General Practice - Curriculum guidance
- RCGP resources:
- Astana Declaration 2018 and Alma Ata Declaration 1978
- Sustainability NHS
- Quality, service improvement and redisign (QSIR) tools
- Safe and Effective Clinical Outcomes (SECO) clinic
- Gunn's Conceptual model: Essential Dimensions of a Primary Care Generalist Medical Practitioner
- Guide for using Blackboard for online teaching
- Guide for using Zoom for online teaching
- Resources for personal tutoring
- Personal tutoring tips (presentation)
- Personal Tutor Scheme Guidance for staff and students
- Supplementary guide for personal tutoring
- Guide to conversations with personal tutor
- MBBS programme overview
Need to know
UCL student support services
- UCL Teaching & Learning Portal: news, events, resources, and more
- Case study: How students become independent and creative problem solvers?
- Case study: Engaging students in active reflection as part of the academic feedback cycle
- Excellence in Medical Education Awards: applications now open!
Personal tutors' feedback