Centre for Ageing Population Studies (CAPS)
CAPS aims to better understand age-related conditions that impact on well-being and independence in later life. We also aim to translate this knowledge to develop and test complex interventions to improve health and well-being and maintain independence for older people.
Our work is at the forefront of research in primary care for older people and is a multidisciplinary group with expertise in intervention development, qualitative research, epidemiology and clinical trials. Public involvement is central to our work, including the co-production of many of our interventions.
We have a broad programme of work; the key themes are:
- Supporting self management of long term conditions
- Promoting independence and well-being in later life
- Dementia and Cognitive Impairment
- Mental health and well-being in later life
- Risk factors, risk prediction and timely diagnosis of age-related conditions
- Identifying and reducing inequalities in access to healthcare for older people