UCL Careers is dedicated to providing support for current UCL students and researchers, (both staff and students), and to recent UCL graduates as outlined below.
- Current students who are enrolled on a degree or post graduate programme of study lasting at least one academic year, (including affiliate students), will have access to our services from the date that your course officially starts. (This date will be shown on your PORTICO record)
- Researchers, (staff and students), have access to all our services plus a bespoke Researchers' programme of activities while employed by UCL or enrolled on a research degree
- Graduates who have recently completed a programme of study as above at UCL will have continued access to careers support for up to three years, (for those graduating from 2019 onwards), to help with next steps after leaving UCL, (based on the course end date shown on your PORTICO record)
- Early leavers can be supported for up to three months should you unexpectedly leave UCL before completing your course. Please contact us if you would like to access this support. We would also recommend reading our guides about leaving your course on our online careers library.
When attending on campus appointments / events or visiting UCL Careers, you will be asked to provide your UCL ID card which is issued / can be replaced by UCL Security Services. (Recent graduates who no longer have this can also provide proof of enrolment dates with a PORTICO printout).
UCL departmental staff* who work closely with students on areas linked with employability will have a dedicated contact within UCL Careers who can help support your activities and ensure your students make the most out of the careers support available at UCL. Please check our Team details for information on those aligned with your department or email us if unsure so we can pass on your details to the relevant member of our team.
Recruiters or other organisations targeting the groups above should visit our recruiter pages for more information on how we can support your needs.
(*Note: Other UCL staff members, (non-academic/professional services), may have access to some careers support services provided by UCL Careers where appropriate / available but won't be able to book these online. Please contact us for information on what we can offer).
If you are looking for careers support but are not eligible to use UCL Careers, information on alternative services is available.
We also provide bespoke information for prospective UCL students who are considering study at UCL.
UCL Careers Extra
UCL Careers Extra is a programme of additional activities and support for UK undergraduate students from the following groups who are currently studying at UCL:
- Neither parent went to university and you went to a UK state school
- Care leaver
- Household income below £25,000 (as declared to Student Finance England)
- Black African, Black Caribbean or mixed Black African/White or Black Caribbean/White
- Received an Access UCL offer
Students signed up to UCL Careers Extra are automatically added to a circulation list for targeted employer events and programmes. They can also apply for bursaries to help cover the cost of undertaking internships and can access preferential booking for some UCL Careers events, longer careers appointments (with easier booking) and extra careers events that are exclusive to UCL Careers Extra students.