Enhanced careers support for UCL undergraduates from under-represented groups.
The programme includes:
- Bursary scheme to support students in gaining career useful experience
- Alumni mentoring scheme
- Buddy scheme pairing first years with Careers Extra students already at UCL
- One-to-one appointments with the Careers Extra team to discuss career ideas, work on applications and prepare for interviews
- Priority booking for some UCL Careers events
- Dedicated Moodle resources, including other Careers Extra students’ career stories.
Students who sign up to UCL Careers Extra will be added to a circulation list for events and programmes that may be of interest.
Are you eligible to join Careers Extra?
You need to be a UK (home fee status) undergraduate student at UCL and belong to one or more of the following groups:
- Neither parent went to university and you went to a UK state school
- Care experienced or estranged student
- Disabled or you have a long-term health condition
- Household income below £25,000 (as declared to Student Finance England)
- Black British African, Black British Caribbean, British Black Other, British Black Mixed
- Received an Access UCL offer
How to make the most of your time at UCL
Hear from UCL students and employers about the best ways to take advantage of your opportunities at UCL, including the services at UCL Careers.
The personal information that you provide on the form below will only be used for the purposes stated above.
The data submitted will be transferred to UCL Careers who will retain it in line with our Privacy Notice. The data will also be stored by UCL Information Services for six months and will then be removed from the Opinio system.