If you're not eligible to use the one-to-one support or attend events organised by UCL Careers, we would recommend the following resources / services.
Online support through UCL Careers
All UCL Graduates, (including those who completed a course at UCL more than two years ago), will have continued access to:
- Career Essentials Online - a modular eLearning course designed to allow you to engage with all aspects of graduate careers when it suits you.
- Online Careers Library - a curated resource highlighting key starting points for labour market research or information on areas such as postgraduate study, research, funding, starting your own business, visas etc. or providing handouts on topics such as career planning, job hunting, applications, interviews and / or selection tests.
UCL Alumni Relations Office
All UCL Graduates, (including those who completed a course at UCL more than two years ago), have access to services provided by the Alumni Relations Office. These include:
- The UCL Alumni Online Community which is an database of almost 10,000 UCL alumni spanning a wide range of professions, many of whom who have volunteered to give informal advice / support to UCL students and graduates considering their career options.
- UCL Connect which offers a range of services including award-winning professional networking events to meet fellow alumni who are leaders in their sectors, free online mentoring, webcasts and lots more.
Careers support for the general public
- The National Careers Service A free service provided by the UK government. Open to anyone, their website offers information on careers, applications and CVs, and courses. You can also get advice from careers advisors by telephone, email or webchat or arrange an appointment in person.
Current students or recent graduates* from another university
The Careers Group, University of London provides local services to students and recent graduates* at each of these University of London Colleges and Institutes. You should contact your own institution's service for details of what's available to you.
If you are studying outside of the University of London, talk to staff in your department about careers support at your own institution.
Prospective UCL students
If you are thinking about studying at UCL and want to learn more about a particular course, life at UCL or potential career prospects, please visit our Prospective students page.
Referrals to third party career providers
Please note, referrals to any organisation from our site does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by UCL Careers and are provided for information only.
Items are included in good faith but we are unable to guarantee the quality or style of all references. If you encounter problems or omissions please let us know so we can make amendments to our information.
*'Recent graduates' at most of the University of London Colleges and Institutes refers to those who completed a course within the past two years but may vary.