You should apply online for UCL accommodation as soon as you have accepted an offer to study at UCL, and no later than 30 June in your year of study.
Applications for postgraduate students are open
If you are a current postgraduate student with additional requirements and you would like to speak with the Accommodation Team, you can contact them by via askUCL or call +44 (0)20 7679 6322. Prospective students can contact the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 - Check your eligibility
- You are an international, first-year postgraduate student studying for one of the following qualifications: a full-time Master's programme, Postgraduate Diploma, or a MPhil/PhD.
- You have firmly accepted an offer to study at UCL, conditional or unconditional, by 30 June 2023
- You have not previously lived in London whilst studying at a Higher Education Institution (University)
- You apply for single person accommodation
- You do not hold UK fee status
- You submit your application by the deadline – that’s 30 June 2023
Please note we cannot guarantee accommodation for couples and families due to limited spaces.
Don't meet the criteria? Learn more about Alternative Accommodation options.
Step 2 - Choose preferences
Check out the price points of the different halls and room types at UCL and think about how your preferences line up with your budget. In the portal, you'll be able to let us know your preferences on the below factors, and it's important that they're in line with the maximum weekly rent preference which you state during the application.
- hall location (i.e. which hall you’d prefer to live in)
- shared bathroom, ensuite (room with its own bathroom) or studio (room with its own bathroom and kitchen)
Your preferences will be taken into account when rooms are allocated, but due to the large number of applications, we cannot guarantee they will all be met. Please note we do not offer catered accommodation to postgraduate students.
Step 3 - Submit application
Please note that postgraduate applications are considered in the order they are received (first come, first served), so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Step 4 - Receiving an offer
The next time you hear from us is when we let you know if we will be able to make you an offer of accommodation. This will be between July and the end of August.
Step 5 - Accept
Failure to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
Please make sure your email address is correct, and that you check your inbox regularly including Spam or Junk folders.
Rent for UCL accommodation is paid termly. You will be notified via your UCL email account when your invoices are available on your Portico account - for the first term’s rent, this will be within two weeks of checking in to your hall.
Find out more about UCL Accommodation fees, how to pay, read general regulations and guidance and find out more in the FAQs on the Fees, guidance and payments page.