Find information for prospective postgraduate students considering applying to UCL. Find out if you are eligible for guaranteed accommodation, how to apply, deadlines and how rooms are allocated.
All single first year international postgraduate students who accept their offer to study for a full-time Master’s programme, a Postgraduate Diploma or a MPhil/PhD at UCL, have not previously lived in London whilst studying at a Higher Education Institution (University), and submit their application by 30th June in the year of study will be offered a place in UCL accommodation. UCL is unable to offer student accommodation to graduate students with UK/EU fee status.
Full-time postgraduate students attending UCL on affiliate programmes for a full academic year are considered the equivalent to first year undergraduate students for the purposes of allocating accommodation.
Students intending to attend UCL for less than an entire academic year cannot be guaranteed an accommodation place due to the limited number of spaces available.
Don't meet the guarantee?
UCL has a range of accommodation available for returning students and those who do not meet the eligibility criteria to be guaranteed university accommodation. More information can be found here.
How to apply
You should apply online for UCL accommodation as soon as you have accepted an offer to study at UCL
Step 1 - Check your eligibility.
- You are a single international first year postgraduate student studying for one of the following qualifications: a full-time Master's programme; a Postgraduate Diploma; an MPhil/PhD
- You have firmly accepted an offer to study at UCL by the 30th June in the year of study
- You have not previously lived in London whilst studying at a Higher Education Institution (University)
- You do not hold UK/EU fee status
- You submit your application by the deadline of 30th June in the year of study
Step 2 - Choose preferences
- whether halls are catered or self-catered
- whether rooms are single or ensuite
- proximity to UCL
Your preferences will be taken into account when rooms are allocated, but due to the large number of applications, we cannot guarantee they will all be met. Postgraduates can state a preference for a particular UCL hall, but cannot apply for Intercollegiate Halls.
Step 3 - Submit application
Step 4 - Relax
Step 5 - Accept
Failure to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
Please make sure your email address is correct, and that you check your inbox regularly including Spam or Junk folders.