The Student Enquiries Centre team value your feedback. Please complete this feedback form and tell us about your experience with our team.
“The team was incredibly helpful and I felt very supported.”
“The staff were very professional, clear and thorough in their explanation.”
“The staff in both processes were very friendly and understanding of the situations, and either provided solutions or directed me to departments that were more directly responsible.”
We design our service through student feedback!
Share your views and experience of using our services to help us make improvements. It will take about 3 minutes!
- Recent improvements following feedback
- Reviewed and updated the bank of our answers to your questions to be correct, comprehensive and easy to follow.
- Developed self-help resources which include visualised step-by-step guidance, offering a better overview of the respective services provided.
- Reviewed our communication channels and improved our website to be able to navigate information more easily. This simplified the information, highlighted the frequent questions and complemented useful resources.
- Installed stools in front of the Student Enquiry Centre counter to allow us to speak at eye level. This increases the psychological engagement level from the student's point of view and helps students to feel more comfortable.
- Enabled accessible and user-friendly FAQ searches by implementing better keyword searches, embedding terminologies known to the students and redesigning the 'Ask a Question' section.
- How you can get involved
Join our student feedback mailing list and you will be contacted about upcoming opportunities. Our sessions may include some form of refreshments, or participants may be able to win vouchers!
Through various engaging activities, participants are encouraged to share their experiences of accessing the Student Enquiries Centre. Activities include:
- Participating in a focus group
- Volunteering for user-testing groups for the askUCL website
- Providing feedback on our services via our feedback form
- Participating in phone interviews and mystery shopper exercises
- Participating in our annual online survey
If you register with our feedback group, we will only collect the necessary information to contact you. Your data will be handled compliantly with UCL GDPR and data protection policy. You can request to be removed from this group at any time. To do this, please contact the support team. For questions and further information, please contact the askUCL team.
- Feedback Activities delivered
askUCL User Journey Mapping
We interviewed students and asked them a number of questions about how they looked for information on askUCL and via the UCL website. We also asked them to feedback on their opinions on the design and layout of askUCL and tell us about their experience of using the system.
Our aim was to understand how students navigated to askUCL using their phones and laptops and how they used askUCL to find information. We recorded their digital journeys, any challenges they faced and their suggested improvements.
askUCL Feedback Workshops
Over 5 interactive workshops, groups of students gave us their feedback on the names of the categories FAQs can be found under, the layout of the FAQ search page and the groupings of FAQs (top-level categories and sub-level categories).
Our aim was to understand any challenges with the layout and terminology used in askUCL FAQs. We asked each workshop group to show us changes they would make and then brought the ideas together to plan how we could make those improvements.