The Student Enquiries Centre team provides a range of services and information about your studies and life at UCL.
We can assist you with questions or concerns you may have regarding your student record. Our team can also offer guidance on Visas, Fees, Study Abroad and Student Support & Wellbeing queries.
To update your personal details, including any changes to your contact details, address, title and your preferred name, at any time during your studies.
To view your Tuition and Accommodation fees invoices and statements online. You can also pay your fees online.
- In-person Service
- The Student Enquiries team are available for drop-in questions and enquiries. There will be designated staff members on hand and available to assist you with your questions.
We may be able to complete official forms for you if the information required is held on your central student record. Please have a look at the Third Party Confirmation of Enrolment page for further information.
Bloomsbury: 10am to 6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday. 10am to 4pm on Thursday.
Marshgate: 10am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday. 10am to 4pm on Thursday (10am to 3pm on the last Thursday of the month).
- Telephone Service
- Our telephone service is available on +44 (0) 20 3108 8836.
There will be designated staff members on hand and available to assist you with your questions.
9am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm on Thursday
- askUCL Enquiry Service
- Log an enquiry via askUCL, our online student enquiries system, to ask a question or for directions to a particular service. We are currently responding to enquiries between the hours of 9am to 6pm and we will aim to provide you with a response within five working days (our response time may increase to 10 working days during Autumn enrolment periods).
You can see our comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to find the answer to your enquiry.
- Portico Self-Service
- Our self-service remains the quickest and most efficient way for students to complete certain processes and obtain key documentation. We recommend that students use the following self-service opportunities:
To download confirmation of registration and awards. Letters that can currently be self-printed from Portico are listed below.
- Statement of Award
- Statement of student status
- Bank account letters
- Schengen Visa 'no objection' letter (For Tourism and a Field trip)
- Email Service for Alumni
- If you are unable to use askUCL, please email us at email@example.com. We recommend contacting us using either your UCL or alumni email address. If you use an email that is not held on your student record, please can you attach a copy of your photo ID.
We will be required to do additional ID verification checks before we either disclose or change any of your personal data. The accepted forms of photo ID can be found below:UCL student ID card Passport European National Identity Card
Find out more about UCL Alumni services.
- UK photo driving licence ONLY if it states that the holder was born in the UK (a valid provisional licence is acceptable)
- Armed Forces Identity Card
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
- Services for third parties
- The Student Enquiries Centre is able to provide potential employers, agencies and other third parties with verification of student status and qualifications for current and former students of UCL.
Please note that we are unable to verify the contents of the documents for a third party. Please refer to the Hedd service below for third party verification. To find out more, please visit our Services for third parties page.
- DBS Document Checking Service
You should use our drop-in service to use the DBS Document Checking Service at Bloomsbury, or make an apppointment to use the DBS Document Checking Service at Marshgate.
If you have been contacted by us and asked to apply for a DBS check via Atlantic Data, you will need to come into the Student Enquiries Centre at Bloomsbury or Marshgate so that your ID documents can be checked. You can only do this once you have submitted your application online.
You will need to bring in the original copies of the documents you have selected in your application. Only original documents can be accepted. Bank statements/bills that have been downloaded online will not be accepted. Instead, these documents need to be obtained from, or posted to you, by the service provider and show a date within the specified time period (e.g., three months). Bank statements which have been downloaded can be accepted if they have been validated by your bank with a wet stamp/signature.
If you are an international student and can generate a sharecode to prove your immigration status, you should select online evidence of immigration status when choosing a document that proves your right to work and study.
Please make sure you have all the correct documentation with you to complete the ID check when you come into the Student Enquiries Centre.
If you are no longer able to provide the documents you have selected on your application, or if the dates on your documents become out of date (e.g., they are no longer within the specified three month time period), please Log an Enquiry on askUCL and we can cancel your application and re-start the process.
If you have questions about how to apply for a DBS Disclosure or what ID documents to submit for your DBS Check, please look at the guidance for DBS Applications, Log an Enquiry on askUCL or call us on +44(0) 20 3108 8836.