Study away from UCL

You need to apply in order to study away from UCL.

If you are a taught master’s degree student who needs to study away from UCL for up to 3 months on academic grounds, such as collecting data or conducting research, or writing up your dissertation, you must apply to your departmental tutor or programme leader for permission to study away before you leave, and provide the location of study and the reason for doing so.

Please note students with Tier 4/Student Visas must also inform the Student Immigration Compliance Team of any period of study away from UCL.

Read the study away regulations